Bad Fuel Line

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2017, 04:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Bad Fuel Line

Hello everyone.

The fuel line that connects the steel tube at the fire wall to the fuel injector rail needs to be replaced on my 2004 turbo. In searching the Chrysler parts sites I come up with many part numbers, some of which are:

05085443AB ; 05085443AA; 5085443AC; 05085032AA; 05278658AC ; 05278658AA; 05278658AB; 05085033AA; 05085033AB ; 05278801AA; 05278801AB; 05278801AC

and there seems to be others as well.

I tied good old rubber fuel line and clamps, but it leaks periodically. Any ideas what the right part number is?
Old 13 Aug 2017, 05:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Bad Fuel Line

I would suggest taking the VIN # off of your Pt Cruiser to the dealer and found out which part number is the correct one.

I hope the dealer will help you. The dealer where I live does not give out part numbers anymore even if you prove you own a Pt Cruiser and have taken it in to be serviced. They changed the policy about 2 months ago.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 13 Aug 2017 at 05:11 pm.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:10 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by genther View Post
Hello everyone.

The fuel line that connects the steel tube at the fire wall to the fuel injector rail needs to be replaced on my 2004 turbo. In searching the Chrysler parts sites I come up with many part numbers, some of which are:

05085443AB ; 05085443AA; 5085443AC; 05085032AA; 05278658AC ; 05278658AA; 05278658AB; 05085033AA; 05085033AB ; 05278801AA; 05278801AB; 05278801AC

and there seems to be others as well.

I tied good old rubber fuel line and clamps, but it leaks periodically. Any ideas what the right part number is?
You could try either of these 2 website, in the search box first enter your vehicle VIN:

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/

https://www.quirkparts.com/

I've never had a problem getting part numbers from any of my local dealerships, I have probably 12-15 to select from. So for any dealership to not give out parts numbers, that most likely comes from that more and more people these days are shopping on the internet for the best pricing. What I don't understand is, some of my local dealerships also sell on the internet or Ebay, but if you walk into the dealership, you can't get their internet price. In order to get that pricing, you have to order it on the internet. But if you order it on the internet to get the better pricing, you can then elect to pick it up at the dealership. Makes no sense that they won't honor their internet price if you found it on there and then walked into the dealership.

What I have also found out is if calling they may have a phone price but if you walk into their dealership, they may have another price, most times lower than the phone price. So before buying online, walk in to your local dealership and they may give you a better price or at least one that will be close to the internet price, especially if shipping fees are involved.

My local dealership has even looked up parts for an export PT that I was assisting another forum member with, where his local dealership was no help.

Last edited by rckstein; 13 Aug 2017 at 06:17 pm.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
You could try either of these 2 website, in the search box first enter your vehicle VIN:

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/

https://www.quirkparts.com/

I've never had a problem getting part numbers from any of my local dealerships, I have probably 12-15 to select from. So for any dealership to not give out parts numbers, that most likely comes from that more and more people these days are shopping on the internet for the best pricing. What I don't understand is, some of my local dealerships also sell on the internet or Ebay, but if you walk into the dealership, you can't get their internet price. In order to get that pricing, you have to order it on the internet. But if you order it on the internet to get the better pricing, you can then elect to pick it up at the dealership. Makes no sense that they won't honor their internet price if you found it on there and then walked into the dealership.

What I have also found out is if calling they may have a phone price but if you walk into their dealership, they may have another price, most times lower than the phone price. So before buying online, walk in to your local dealership and they may give you a better price or at least one that will be close to the internet price, especially if shipping fees are involved.
I think that is going to change soon! The impression I am getting is the dealer is aware owners are getting the part numbers from the dealers and then getting the part elsewhere so they are in the process of trying to limit that information.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
I think that is going to change soon! The impression I am getting is the dealer is aware owners are getting the part numbers from the dealers and then getting the part elsewhere so they are in the process of trying to limit that information.
I am hoping the dealer can't stop third parties from giving us this information including the two web links you posted.

The last time I went to the dealer in Thousand Oaks, CA I asked how much for a camshaft sensor. After they quoted a price I asked what the part # was to verify it was the same part # I had found on the internet and they refused to tell me what that number was. I went to the manager's office at the dealer and was told they had changed the policy and they are not giving out the part numbers anymore.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 06:44 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
I have a good relationship at one dealer Parts Dept, especially since I bought my vehicle there. So hopefully they won't change, or at least will still give me the part numbers since I have been dealing with them since before my PT as I also purchased and had maintained there one of the Neons I had.

What I usually do is just shop around, they will look up the parts for me and print them out on a quote with their pricing. Then I have that sheet with all the part numbers on them so I can shop online, or if I do want to get them at the dealership later, they won't have to look up the part numbers again.