PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Reasonable Auto Insurance Rates

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Nov 2017, 10:58 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Reasonable Auto Insurance Rates

Just when you think you have all the answers, AARP Bulletin for November came out with an article on page 26 for those of use that get the bulletin. It lays out a lot of good info on car insurance. If you don't get the Bulletin ask your dad for his copy.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 07 Nov 2017, 11:46 am
Young Cruiser

I found that Geico was the cheapest for me.. they bypass the insurance agents if you have decent credit.. wife & I have a safe drivers on our license, were in plant city FL. we have full coverage on our PT and Sebring, and Liability on my 93 saturn SL2 .. runs $200 a month, that also includes road side service,lock smith and towing if needed.. was with Progressive for bout 20 yrs, they got too high, went to Geico, much cheaper.. with $500 deductible
oldthom likes this.
Old 07 Nov 2017, 12:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmoter View Post
I found that Geico was the cheapest for me.. they bypass the insurance agents if you have decent credit.. wife & I have a safe drivers on our license, were in plant city FL. we have full coverage on our PT and Sebring, and Liability on my 93 saturn SL2 .. runs $200 a month, that also includes road side service,lock smith and towing if needed.. was with Progressive for bout 20 yrs, they got too high, went to Geico, much cheaper.. with $500 deductible
I just tried Geico and got quotes for auto and renters policies. While the auto policy is $150 less than USAA for a 6 month policy, the renters policy is $150 more than USAA, so again, no advantage to switch as any savings on the auto policy is wiped out by the increase on the renters policy.

Looks like I'll be staying with USAA.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 08 Nov 2017, 08:41 am
Senior Cruiser

Even though my current USAA rate was just increased again by $10.00 a month because of a Florida State initiated increase that goes to the state coffers, I see the sense of the state receiving that increase across the board from everyone who carrys auto insurance. It's still a lot better and more equally shared than a state income tax. This is an increase to every auto insurance carrier in Florida. At least USAA keeps their premiums as low as possible. Military personal only. Even with this new increase it's still lower than Geico, State Farm, Progressive or any of the others that put big bucks in cute adds.

I'm still satisfied with my premium and coverage with USAA. I could get by with a lot less coverage but I'm comfortable with my coverage. I get road side assistance, towing, labor, 20% plus car replacement coverage if SOOO BIG is totaled, $250 deductible across the board, Uninsured Motorist 10K, 20K, Part A Liability 10K, 20K, 25K, Part B Personal Inj. 10K, 20K.

I'll be renewing my safe drive course qualification class as I do every three years which gives me a nice deduct on the premium and I feel it's a great refresher for every driver.

Especially those dingbats with a phone, head set or speaker distracting them from their primary job of driving their car with full attention. Even if both hands are on the wheel, their mind's in la-la land in their "most important" distracting conversation. When I see these clowns juggling a cup of Starbucks coffee, stuffing a McMuffin in their face, lighting a ciggy, talking on their phone, reading the news paper or a report, fixing their make up, combing their hair, picking their nose, (no pick please) adjusting the boys if their shorts are riding up or plumping their bra, following their navigator and once again looking for that magical place to turn around and return to the navigator dictated route. It appears that the new rule of driving is; anything the navigator dictates supersedes common sense! What ever happened to checking and planning your trip with that old stand by, a paper map? If you don't know your way to your destination, you're an accident waiting to happen! I cringe in terror. No matter that their new buggy can stop for them, slow down for them, turn for them, park for them it can't fix stupid.

That was an official rant, but I know no PT Cruiser Forum member could possibly fall into this asinine category.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats W/ Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers and Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 08 Nov 2017 at 09:11 am.