Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By saxonburgcruiser
  • 2 Post By saxonburgcruiser
  • 1 Post By CRUZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2017, 03:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Blast from the past

Back in the early PT days (2000-2002ish), there was a lot going on among PT enthusiasts. Cruisin the falls, as well as lots of local cruises, the PT was quite the celebrity. Back in the first year, they were difficult to get, and many dealers were inflating the price. My brother worked at a Chrysler dealer, and i was able to hook up a number of enthusiast with PT's from there with no price inflation.
There was a forum member who was making and selling stuffed bears based on the color of your PT. My wife is an artist and still has her original bear in her art studio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0244.jpg (84.3 KB, 33 views)

2005 Touring turbo convertible.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 03:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Blast from the past

Yep, remember those days well, I was looking all over for a PT back in Maryland. They were selling as fast as they hit the dealers showroom. I wasn't too stuck on particular color so I'd call around to different dealers to see what they had. A couple times they were sold before I got to the dealership. I finally found a place they had two silver PT's on the lot, grabbed the wife and we took a ride. Both had a $2K premium markup. One was the Limited and one base. I wrote a check for the down payment on the Limited Edition.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 05:02 pm
Young Cruiser

We actually were waiting for yellow to become available. When we first saw the ordering info at the dealer where my brother worked, it showed yellow. But it disappeared shortly after. We checked for the next 4 months and it never came back, so we decided on Deep Cranberry. We ordered our Deep cranberry 5 speed in September and it came in 2 days after Christmas, 2000. I remember driving it home in a snowstorm.
I actually arranged about 10 sales at MSRP for people on the PT forums back then. The sales manager was happy with that, and although i didn't receive any monetary gain from doing that, the smiles and fun of meeting happy new PT owners was all the payment i needed.
rckstein and rcktpwrd like this.

2005 Touring turbo convertible.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 07:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for sharing that with us. That was very cool !
rckstein likes this.