Interchangable parts????????

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2017, 05:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Interchangable parts????????

My former PT was a 2001 Limited and it was pretty customized and detailed but as I said before it is gone and now looking for the wife a 2009 Black base with 140k miles pretty cheap but knowing me I can not stand a bland car so tell me what years have inter-changable parts such as motor bay, wheels etc???????????
Back in the mid 2000'sthere were all sorts of catalogs, parts places but now not even a magazine so hints on parts places if you will.
Old 05 Sep 2017, 06:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Interchangable parts????????

The "big" change on the PT was 2006. Interior and exterior were "freshened" up when FIAT joined with Chrysler. The electrics were changed to the CAN-BUS system which made it harder to add accessories. So, you've gone from the old to the new.

There are no catalogs around anymore and a lot of the places that sold PT accessories are out of business. eBay has lots of parts, some NOS (New Old Stock) and some used but still good.

There's still a few places around the web for accessories. Here's a few....

PT Cruiser - Graphic Decal Kits

Cruiser Motorsports | One Stop Accessory Shop

Chrysler PT Cruiser Accessories and Parts - AutoTruckToys.com

PTWarehouse - Your PT Cruiser Superstore

PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions

PT Cruiser Graphics

Exterior
the3dgm likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Sep 2017, 06:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by namvet View Post
My former PT was a 2001 Limited and it was pretty customized and detailed but as I said before it is gone and now looking for the wife a 2009 Black base with 140k miles pretty cheap but knowing me I can not stand a bland car so tell me what years have inter-changable parts such as motor bay, wheels etc???????????
Back in the mid 2000'sthere were all sorts of catalogs, parts places but now not even a magazine so hints on parts places if you will.

I've been where you are on the 1st Gen-2nd Gen esthetics thing. The truth is that going from a 1st Gen to a 2nd Gen takes some getting used to. But with time, you will come to like the 2nd Gen. And instead of trying to stick 1st Gen parts on the 2nd Gen, the better choice is to just go foward and take advantage of the change in styling.

First, the 2nd Gen makes it a little easier to mount a double DIN stereo. So just get a double DIN bezel and go to town. Next, the lower front grill on the 2nd Gen is endlessly modifiable. You can add a chrome lower grill, painted fog light surrounds and there's plenty of room for emblems and even more lights. If you look through the older project threads you will find lots and lots of cool stuff to do.
the3dgm likes this.
Old 10 Sep 2017, 11:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

I only know of one that is real good: Profabrication.com in North Carolina

They basically do anything related to cars, if its mufflers, replacing engines, you name it. They even fix old mustangs and race cars which is very impressive. Been a few times to check them out. They really come in handy when it comes to repairs.

I hope i'm allowed sharing that. Hope it helps

Last edited by CREWZIN; 10 Sep 2017 at 01:07 pm. Reason: Advertising now allowed without authorization