Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2009 door lock problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2017, 09:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2009 door lock problem

Ok so my grandma has a 2009 and she is having issues locking and unlocking. The key fob won't lock or unlock but it beeps the horn when I press the lock button. The drivers side will pop the trunk and unlovk the drivers side door only. It will not unlock or lock any other door. I have looked at the fuses under the hood but all was good under there. I read that there is a second fuse box inside car on the older ones so i decided to look but I couldn't find it. Im trying to fix it but confused at what to do.
Old 09 Sep 2017, 10:19 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: 2009 door lock problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmzombie View Post
Ok so my grandma has a 2009 and she is having issues locking and unlocking. The key fob won't lock or unlock but it beeps the horn when I press the lock button. The drivers side will pop the trunk and unlovk the drivers side door only. It will not unlock or lock any other door. I have looked at the fuses under the hood but all was good under there. I read that there is a second fuse box inside car on the older ones so i decided to look but I couldn't find it. Im trying to fix it but confused at what to do.
Corrosion , someplace
Try new batteries in the remote - as a ''cover up''.
Old 09 Sep 2017, 07:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum from Texas.

Please go to the new members section and introduce yourself and tell us more about grandma's PT.

I don't know about the gen2 Cruisers, on my 01 when the fob didn't work, after installing new batteries, I bought a new Dorman case and it fixed the problem. The silicone buttons wear worn enough to not work properly.

I don't know if is the same for when it is attached to the key.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 11 Sep 2017, 01:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

She just had the key fob made for her since the car didn't come with one from the dealer. They only had the non fob key so I don't think it's the batteries besides that the locks don't work even when pressing the inside lock and unlock buttons in the car.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 02:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmzombie View Post
She just had the key fob made for her since the car didn't come with one from the dealer. They only had the non fob key so I don't think it's the batteries besides that the locks don't work even when pressing the inside lock and unlock buttons in the car.
That sounds like you've nailed it. If the inside switches aren't opening the locks, its not a fob problem.

BTW, you need 2 working remote keys to program another. Otherwise you need the services of a locksmith that can program the car to work with the key or go through the Chrysler dealership (very expensive) if you only have one working key.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 04:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yea she used a locksmith. So the problem wouldn't be at the rke since the locks don't work inside the car correct? I'm lost with this and could use as much info as anyone could give.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

So nobody has an answer on this?