• 2 Post By Silver_Sleeper
  • 3 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 3 Post By chuzz
  • 5 Post By rob302

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2017, 09:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Doors lock sometimes when closing drivers door

Hello PT Peeps, I've managed to lock my keys in my PT the past 2 days....ahhhh... At first I thought that I must have hit the lock button or something, because I always lock the car with the key fob. But when it happened again this morning just after I popped my hood I knew I didn't hit the lock button. So after I slim jim'd the lock ( which only took me about 3 seconds since I had to learn how the hard way yesterday) I rolled down the windows and closed the driver's door and click, the doors locked... what the hell? Has anyone developed a short in the lock wiring? I'm thinking it might be around the boot where the wires leave the car and enter the door? (Between the door hinges)? It only locks about every 8th time I shut the door, and only happens with the driver's door. My neighbors probably think I'm going crazy because all they seen me do all day is open and close all my doors hundreds of times in a row.....lol
VsandFords and wingman55 like this.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Doors lock sometimes when closing drivers door

Before going any further, try this. Take the batteries our of both fobs and see if it still happens. It's possible one has a lock button stuck down. May not be it. But it's easy to try.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 07:05 am
Veteran Cruiser

If Handy's idea doesn't work and your idea, then pull the door panel and check the plug on the back of the door lock. If it's shorted, it can cause all kinds of locking issues. It's kind of a pain in the neck to get to, so be patient.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 08:13 am
Veteran Cruiser

I like the idea of using the slim Jim instead of a key. Unlocking the car in 3 seconds and then driving off is sure to make heads turn