Advertisements
what year doors fit a 2001 PT Cruiser

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By waynek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2017, 03:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default what year doors fit a 2001 PT Cruiser

Need 2 drivers side doors for a 2001 Pt Cruiser Hatchback. Anyone know what years I can use. Found 2 2008 but not sure? Saw somewhere 2001-2003?
Thanks for any help
Old 22 Sep 2017, 04:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: what year doors fit a 2001 PT Cruiser

If I'm not mistaken, all years are the same, except convertibles.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 04:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

A 2001 and 2002 will fit for sure.

You can likely use any door from 2001 thru 2005. However, the window mechanism changed sometime in 2003 or 2004. I don't know if that would mater for power windows or not. The door speakers will be slightly different too.

I don't know the differences from the 2006 and later doors except some of the holes are different for the interior panels.

Most salvage yards will have compatibility books for this. At most of the yards where you pull your own parts, you can call ahead and ask about this before you get there. Lucikly, there's LOTS of 2001 PT's in salvage yards. So you can likely find one exactly like your original door with same paint, interior color and options.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 22 Sep 2017 at 04:30 pm.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 05:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

That info helps. I need both driver side doors as a dumptruck took both mine out on a 12000 mile red PT and I'm thinking the insurance company will total it. I found 2 white ones from a 2008 for $75 each and was hoping I could use them to bring the repair cost down. All inner parts are good just outer crushed. Will try calling a pull your part to see if they have red ones. Appreciate the help though.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 09:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Ok uh01 is shown to be different from the others. This is because of some holes for wheatherstrip that was eliminated in later models. Used one on my 04 project. 4 years ago the crash exchange showed all others as the same. Things like wiring and other (guts) Will be different on some models. Will need to change wiring harness for your door for power mirrors to work and plugs to match. Don't cut the harness. Follow them in and just unplug from inside the hinge pillers. Not hard to do.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 23 Sep 2017 at 09:39 am.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 10:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Busted. Do you mean I need to reuse my old harness or the one for the new door? Also plug for harness is behind the kick panel inside the car or somewhere else?
Thanks again
Old 23 Sep 2017, 02:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynek View Post
Thanks Busted. Do you mean I need to reuse my old harness or the one for the new door? Also plug for harness is behind the kick panel inside the car or somewhere else?
Thanks again
if you get the same year, maybe 02 even. You probably be the same. Compare them. Mirrors not heated in later models. Behind the lower corner dash panel is the plug. Panel under steering column pulls out like opening a glove box door. Do all this before unbokting door.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 23 Sep 2017, 02:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks again. Sounds easy enough. I notice there is also a small black arm that is either the door switch for the light or a stop for when the door opens? Any advice for removing the rear door and wiring?