Racing, Birthdays, and NEW PARTS!!!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By UnitD77
  • 3 Post By UnitD77
  • 2 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Racing, Birthdays, and NEW PARTS!!!

Well September 24th was my birthday and I'm now 22, and still haven't had any alcohol. My love of car parts has robbed me blind, and Barney the Turbo Dinosaur crushed it at Autocross, and set times at the Dragstrip.

I celebrated my birthday with Buffalo Wild Wings (the left overs I am eating as I post this) With a bunch of my college friends. Not too eventful, another year older.

With that birthday came the "Adult Gift" from my grandma, a Check. Which I promptly spent on car parts. I ordered the Cabin Air Filter Housing for the PT, which arrived this morning (which thinking about it now, I never looked If mine had someone install one before.... I hope not). I also ordered a TurboXS SML Hybrid Blow Off Valve for pssht psssht turbo noises. And Finally I ordered a set of hydraulic hood struts that my friend who bent hood prop (on the old Red PT) will be installing.

I also Finally took the GT PT out to a track to bench mark it. I took it to the Beacon Dragway in Paducah, Kentucky. Only an hour's drive from SIU. Where they were holding a 2 Day Autocross event. Needless to say, Despite the aerodynamics of a Brick and size of a Brick characteristics of the PT. It handled remarkably well with the sway bars and lowering springs. I removed the rear seats, and threw it into every corner, sliding through most of them and kept the foot to the floor between cones. I actually managed to impress quite a few people, even the winner of the stock class. On the first day I actually managed to get into 2nd place by less than half a second, right up until this girl who had been racing for 4 years in a miata found out I was beating her and she hammered down and brushed past two cones and shaved a full second off of her best time of the day to sail into the 1st place spot, bumping me down into 3rd and taking my trophy from me (only had 1st and 2nd trophys). I did manage to beat 2 drivers sharing a Fusion and a guy in a Japanese spec (higher output) civic. Second day the same two drivers beat me as the first day, but by a wider margin.

Hopefully this link should show you the second day's track and a run I made. https://www.facebook.com/tyler.theve...7165517962478/

I also took the GT PT to the I-57 Dragstrip in Benton, IL. 1/8th Mile dragstrip to time it against my old Red NA Automatic PT. The old slow PT ran 11.673 as It's fastest back when I had it. This new GT PT ran a 9.963! as It's fastest run, and I was actually able to beat a few other street cars. Came close racing against a turbo miata, beat him over the line, because I had almost a half second reaction time better than him. So I guess you could say the GT is a "10 Second" car......In the 1/8th mile.

I had a fun last couple of weeks, I also managed to get a job from the help of a friend so I have some sort of income to buy more car parts with!!!

04' GT Manual Purple PT Mileage: 95k (Died Spring 2018)
05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Racing, Birthdays, and NEW PARTS!!!

Very cool video!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Petr...3260235786180/

ScreenShot1.jpg

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 25 Sep 2017 at 10:14 am.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Autocrossing the PT was more fun than driving the lambo I got to drive on my last birthday. I took one of the veteran drivers around with me driving, and He was impressed, then I let him run it, and he was blown away. He did not expect it to handle the way it did. He even made a joke that the guy who always wins the stock class should race in the PT, I was totally on board, but he didn't end up doing it.

Edit: That is the JDM Civic behind me that I beat.

Last edited by UnitD77; 25 Sep 2017 at 10:14 am.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:14 am
Senior Cruiser

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and CONGRATS!!!!

Sounds like you had a GREAT time! Autocross, drag racing AND new parts! I did autocrossing once, way back in the late 80's when I had a Ford EXP sport.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 25 Sep 2017, 11:34 am
Banned

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & CONGRATULATIONS

Here's a trophy for your run, 3rd place deserves something

Last edited by rckstein; 25 Sep 2017 at 12:57 pm.
Old 26 Sep 2017, 12:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
3rd place deserves something
Is this the wrong time to tell him there was only 6 people in the class the 1st day, and only 4 in the second day, that being why there was no 3rd place trophy?

Old 26 Sep 2017, 12:29 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitD77 View Post
Is this the wrong time to tell him there was only 6 people in the class the 1st day, and only 4 in the second day, that being why there was no 3rd place trophy?
It doesn't matter, you still ran your PT
Old 26 Sep 2017, 01:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Looks really frickin' fun. Happy Birthday!! Pretty sure me (25) and you are some of the only younger guys I see on here.
Pioneer DEH-64BT head unit, Zapco Z400-C4SL competition amplifier, 2 RF P2D2 12's, RF P1T-S Tweets, RF PPS4-6 Mids, RF 6x8"s, AudioControl 24XS crossover/line driver

Newest Car
2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4L 6 speed auto 76k
Powerstop Z23 evolution front brakes
Sound System
Pioneer DEH-X9600BT head unit, Bē Rage 1200.6 Amp, 4 JBL GX963 6x9's, 2 Skar VVX3-12's. 6 Channel AudioControl Matrix Plus Line Driver

#LoudLife

Both powered by Mobil1