Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your PT today?

Like Tree2813Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jul 2018, 05:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Did you miss something

Yeah. But they only enforce that one the week days. Or so my wife says. I just park where she says to. It makes life a lot easier.
rckstein and ptprice like this.
Old 08 Jul 2018, 08:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Early this morning I discovered some sea gulls had dive bombed SOOO BIG the night before. He was festooned with sea gull crap on his roof, windshield and hood.
A brief trip to the quarter car wash remedied it but thank goodness cows don't fly!

Happy PTin', ptprice

flying cow.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 12:28 am
Cool Cruiser

pcm.jpg

Just got home from the Spring Creek Fire in Colorado. Had this waiting in the mail for me

Cindy from FWD performance got it out for me. Get to put it in tomorrow

2004 PTGT 117Kmiles
Old 11 Jul 2018, 06:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by podo2000 View Post
Attachment 28942

Just got home from the Spring Creek Fire in Colorado. Had this waiting in the mail for me

Cindy from FWD performance got it out for me. Get to put it in tomorrow
Ah, the smell of a fresh Stage 1 PCM. It's like roses in the Spring time.
podo2000 and CRUZ like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 11 Jul 2018 at 12:59 pm.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 03:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Had a friend at the Ford dealer do a smoke test on my PT to find the source of the P0455 code...

Seems a squirrel or another rodent thought one of the hard plastic lines near the top of the fuel tank would be a tasty treat. They cut the section out and put in a piece of rubber fuel line and cleared the codes. Now I have to drive it to set all the readiness monitors so it can get inspected.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 11 Jul 2018, 06:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
Early this morning I discovered some sea gulls had dive bombed SOOO BIG the night before. He was festooned with sea gull crap on his roof, windshield and hood.
A brief trip to the quarter car wash remedied it but thank goodness cows don't fly!

Happy PTin', ptprice

Attachment 28939

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 12 Jul 2018, 02:04 am
Young Cruiser

Lost my shifter side cable bushing tonight. Luckily I was able to pull the shifter boot off and get the cable back on the shifter enough to get home. Now I just need to find the booger bushing I didnít install 9 years ago when I did the transmission side.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2001 PT Cruiser | Touring Edition | 5 Speed Manual | Born On The 4th Of July, 2000
Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Went to Pick N Pull today (everything is 50% off with rewards card until Sunday) and scored an RB1 and antenna, a radiator fan, a passenger side mirror for the 300M, pulled a couple Infinity sail speakers from a 300M and the correct engine cover.
I was super excited about the RB1 they usually can't be had for a decent price on FleaBay. I initially tested the RB1 in the Cruiser and it worked perfect but without CD capability it went into the 300, I had already installed a 6 disc changer in the 300 a couple years ago and I pulled the RB1 from a 2004 300, so it seemed more at home in there anyway.
Installed the radiator fan in the Cruiser, the original had finally given up, even high speed was barely turning, the car can actually cruise around town now with the A/C running without overheating, at highway speeds it still heats up a little so I'm going to flush out the radiator in a couple weeks and see if that clears it out. The kid who owned the car before me had replaced the radiator before the timing belt quit, but the car sat for so long there was a lot of rust in the cooling system that I couldn't get completely flushed out in the cold of November when I got this thing running again.
Removed the Infinity speakers from the sails and replaced the ones in the dash, the treble came up nicely but one speaker is a little weak.
Put the beauty cover on, the one I bought last year didn't clear the power steering reservoir and this one has a clearing notch in it so it's not sitting on top of the reservoir.
I plan on going back to PNP on Sunday. The plan is to get a decent set of suede/leather seats and maybe find some more interesting stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2220 Edit.jpg (50.3 KB, 19 views)
2004 N/A auto. Touring Edition (Died 2016 resurrected Nov 2017) bought for $100 Oct 2017 w/122k mi (now 133k miles). Added RBQ 6-disc changer w/Sirius. Replaced TB,WP, thermostat and gasket, front bearings w/one hub, ceramic pads w/new rotors, one brake caliper w/bracket, and lower control arm. More changes/repairs as the weather allows .
1999 300M 166k mi (now her daily driver)
2007 Sebring Touring 199K mi (daily driver)
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." Ronald Reagan
Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:20 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post

Happy PTin', ptprice

Attachment 28939
I'm surprised, they usually like clean black cars. I've had a couple black cars before, they never stayed clean for long.
2004 N/A auto. Touring Edition (Died 2016 resurrected Nov 2017) bought for $100 Oct 2017 w/122k mi (now 133k miles). Added RBQ 6-disc changer w/Sirius. Replaced TB,WP, thermostat and gasket, front bearings w/one hub, ceramic pads w/new rotors, one brake caliper w/bracket, and lower control arm. More changes/repairs as the weather allows .
1999 300M 166k mi (now her daily driver)
2007 Sebring Touring 199K mi (daily driver)
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." Ronald Reagan
Old 13 Jul 2018, 09:56 am
Senior Cruiser

Filled it with 93 while rolling through NJ. Nobody was at the pump, so I did it myself. $36 later and the dude comes out yelling at me for my impatience "You're not in NY, buddy!" There were 4 cars at the pumps and it had already clicked when he came out. I figured that with the new gas taxes in NJ, they had rescinded the all full serve rule. Guess not. Of course, he tries to force more in and gets mad when I tell him to leave it. Knucklehead. 24mpg and I calculated that in the 6 years that I primarily filled it with regular I have saved between $1,800 and $2,200. Basically the value of the car.