Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your PT today?

Like Tree3842Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2019, 03:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post
Not really pt cruiser related but I got hired for my dream job today, I am starting at a Honda dealer to be a mechanics apprentice.
Very cool. Two of my son's buddies did this and both now have pretty good careers. Where I live if you are going to be a mechanic, working at a dealership is likely your best shot at future advancement unless you plan on owning your own shop one day. And even then, the dealerships seem to offer a lot more training opportunities. Let us know how it goes.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 04:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post
Not really pt cruiser related but I got hired for my dream job today, I am starting at a Honda dealer to be a mechanics apprentice.
Congrats! Very glad you already found your dream job! I'm working for two decades now and did not figure out what I really like to do, YET !
Old 23 Jun 2019, 01:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Removed all the seats, shampooed them and the carpet. Had to build a water extractor for my shop vac. The PO worked for a veterinarian and must have brought home a lot of work. Anyone know of a good air freshener?
Old 24 Jun 2019, 04:51 am
Cool Cruiser

As always, you could try to place a bowl of either vinegar or ground coffee an let it sit there at least for one night. That should work against odors. Of course you would not want to drive without removing the bowl first

BUT: you have to address the source of the smell. Cleaning the carpets, seats, headliner, basically all cloth surfaces is a good start. Dont forget the seatbelts (careful not to damage them). Hardest thing to do is getting the ducts clearn. As with a smokers car, the odors might also sit in the ducts and vents. I think a product for A/C disinfection might help to fight the smell.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 05:45 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Installed new shocks
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Last edited by MJKnight; 24 Jun 2019 at 05:51 am.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 09:13 am
Veteran Cruiser

Antcipating a forcast of afternoon rains, I gave SOOO BIG an early morning wipe down in our parking lot using a water bucket, wash cloths on the paint n' a toilet brush I keep just for the wheels. . .Still lookin' good!, especially since he's parked outside all year long! God's nature is the best rinse.
Happy PTin', ptprice

ls.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim, 5 piece bumper trim, Leather tilt steering wheel, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 29 Jun 2019 at 01:25 pm.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 04:20 pm
Young Cruiser

Cut out the old and made / rewelded a patch approx 7 x 5 inches at the rear of the right sill (rocker panel). What a mess it was to start with, rest of the structure that side seems quite solid.
Old 01 Jul 2019, 03:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Smile Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Hey Price, what does the emblem say on your door....I couldn't read it? PTpreacher
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 01 Jul 2019, 04:14 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTpreacher View Post
Hey Price, what does the emblem say on your door....I couldn't read it? PTpreacher
PRICE'S PT
PRICES_PTemblem - Copy.jpg
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim, 5 piece bumper trim, Leather tilt steering wheel, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 03 Jul 2019, 01:46 am
Young Cruiser

Replaced the air filter and cleaned the engine bay.

Tags
air filter