Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your PT today?

Like Tree3831Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2020, 11:05 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Bought a Puralator Air Filter A25634 to replace the air filter. It does NOT fit! Do not buy a Puralator A25634 air filter, even though their website says this is the correct one. It is 1/8" too long and 2/16" too tall. Someone had too much cerveza for lunch down in Mexico before returning to his drafting table!
Black base 2006 NA, dented front bumper, scratched rear bumper. 2008 Touring, one of 385 red Turbos built in 2008. Limited grill, body-colored mirrors, grab handle deleted, dual-tone horn, shorty antenna.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 08:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

^^^^Sometimes people take air filters out of several boxes to try to find the right fit and don't get them all back in the boxes they came out of too. I worked for both Autozone and Advance years ago and saw this happen from time to time. Customer brings back a new filter and says it won't fit. I compare the filter # on the box with the one stamped on the filter. There's the problem. Same thing with oil filters. I used to catch people swapping the Pure-One Gold oil filters into the regular Purolator oil filter boxes. They got banned from the store. Double check the box and filter numbers. BUT since everything is outsourced nowadays, you are probably right!
ptprice, dougs and LionPT like this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 01:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cleaned it up today-- as i may have a buyer for my PT. I was not actively trying to sell it at all. Just my sister's friend wants it more than me. We'll shall see till this weekend.
Guys- i do have many extra original parts i took off in a box (like tailights, shifter, etc) i may be ridding of afterwards.

UPDATE: Well, it did not happen due to finanical status among the COVID-19 outbreak. Maybe it was meant for me to keep this for a while longer.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 28 Mar 2020 at 09:25 am.
Old 27 Mar 2020, 05:22 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Cleaned it up today-- as i may have a buyer for my PT. I was not actively trying to sell it at all. Just my sister's friend wants it more than me. We'll shall see till this weekend.
Guys- i do have many extra original parts i took off in a box (like tailights, shifter, etc) i may be ridding of afterwards.
I'm interested in the tailights for sure!
Old 04 Apr 2020, 02:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Cleaned the "dirty little nooks" on my silver PT. I just did this on my red PT and noticed it's been five years since I did it on my silver PT. It wasn't as bad as the red PT, but needed it. We have trees and the constant rain of debris does get down there. I wish I could tell myself when I got the PT to run a little bead of silicon RTV down there, below the door hinges, where the debris always seems to disappear. It goes down into a tight area between the sheet metal, and slowly turns to dirt. A sure rust generator.
dougs and Handy_Cruiser like this.

Last edited by RickinPA; 04 Apr 2020 at 02:23 pm.
Old 04 Apr 2020, 06:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Addendum to above post.

Whenever I encounter a Tinnerman (clip-on) nut, I'll coat it and the screw with oil before reassembly. They're usually black-phosphate steel (I think) and not overly corrosion resistant. Anyway, I know I had coated the fender liner hardware on the silver PT five years ago and today it came apart smooth as butter, no rust.
Old 07 Apr 2020, 03:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I uncovered the convert after her long winter nap since October and fired her up.... She didn't like that as the engine proceeded to run rough. Thought uh oh what happened. I shut the engine down and key danced for codes but there were none. Restarted and she ran smooth.... finally woke up I guess. Low tire light was on and tires down to 26lbs.. aired them up and good now.

I sprayed WoolWax Penetrant in the trunk lid seams, rear quarters seams, hood and when gets a bit warmer do the rest of the quarters, rockers, doors and fenders. What's left in the can will do the K frame inner and nooks and crannies under body.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Old 12 Apr 2020, 12:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I thought to share my Easter morning.
I got up early enough to watch the Pope's Easter Service.
Pope'sEasterService.jpg
Then my daily 1/2 mile Covid-19 walk, gloved and masked. Absolutely no foot or automobile traffic that early.
Returning at 8:30AM, Still attired I decide to wash the pollen and bird droppings off SOOO BIG.
There wasn't any one out that early.. Finishing at 9:10AM. I took a few after wash photos.
Then breakfasted and attended church, LIGHT HOUSE CHRIST Presbyterian, online service at 9:45AM.
Pastor Chris Chandler preached from Luke, Chapter 24, verses 13 through 35, "ON THE ROAD TO EMMAUS".
HAPPY EASTER.

covid-19wash22.jpgcovid-19wash33.jpg
covid-19wash77.jpgcovid-19wash55.jpg
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim, 5 piece bumper trim, Leather tilt steering wheel, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 12 Apr 2020 at 08:33 pm. Reason: Added a (.)
Old 18 Apr 2020, 06:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Christine went in for her annual NYS inspection. I ended up donating $498 to the shop. One bulb out of the three center mount had to be replaced. The battery was dead when they went to start it so it was replaced (battery in it was at least 4 years old). One tire was so close to a fail, it and one other were replace. Also had the oil changed. The Rogue is in the shop right now for tire rotation and oil change. I also did my registration online also. The best part is that the inspection and registration was not due until next month. I figured I have the money now, so why not.
soonercruiser and myckee like this.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 07:31 am
Regular Cruiser

Mine got new tags, wiper blades, insurance coverage and its first drive in 5 1/2 months.
myckee likes this.

Tags
air filter