Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your PT today?

Like Tree3778Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Oct 2020, 04:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Just some minor maintenance, oil and filter (old school, every 3000 mi), cleaned the throttle body plate.
rockandroller likes this.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 05:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Getting the panel Cruiser ready for a two-tone paint job this coming week!

The rescue paint job I had done 2 years ago is starting to peel in places; and clearcoat oxidation.

Taking off all the trim pieces, flags, reflectors that were on with 3M tape.
The Astra-Hammond Oval rear window cover that was damaged last year was a PITA!
I did buy some GooGone....but my turpentine worked much better.
But, it was still a 4 hour job!

Next the custom license light and backup camera.
Then tomorrow, the custom Morette headlight assemblies will be removed.

That will make her a clean as I can!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 14 Oct 2020, 06:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Getting the panel Cruiser ready for a two-tone paint job this coming week!

The rescue paint job I had done 2 years ago is starting to peel in places; and clearcoat oxidation.

Taking off all the trim pieces, flags, reflectors that were on with 3M tape.
The Astra-Hammond Oval rear window cover that was damaged last year was a PITA!
I did buy some GooGone....but my turpentine worked much better.
But, it was still a 4 hour job!

Next the custom license light and backup camera.
Then tomorrow, the custom Morette headlight assemblies will be removed.

That will make her a clean as I can!
Looking forward to the pictures once this is done.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 09:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Heater blower was making a, baseball card slapping bicycle spokes, noise. Removed it and found all sorts of crap clogging everything. The heater-ac was operating at maybe 30% and I never knew it.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 01:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus View Post
Heater blower was making a, baseball card slapping bicycle spokes, noise. Removed it and found all sorts of crap clogging everything. The heater-ac was operating at maybe 30% and I never knew it.

Amazing how you get used to the way things work and don't notice diminished operation when the changes happen slowly over time!

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 28 Oct 2020, 04:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
Amazing how you get used to the way things work and don't notice diminished operation when the changes happen slowly over time!
Glad I finally figured out why I felt sore today. Sitting upside down snaking my hand in pulling out crap and fiberglass.

Last edited by circus; 28 Oct 2020 at 06:26 pm.
Old 02 Nov 2020, 05:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Installed a new set of rear speakers today. Started with them because it took all of 10 minutes to replace both, since I had already changed speakers once before.
Picked up a set of Kicker 46CSC684 6x8's. They sound pretty good.

I also have a set of Infinity Reference REF-6530cx components to install in the front doors.
A little bit more of a project since the door panel has to come off.

imickey503 and raeder like this.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 30 Nov 2020, 05:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to imickey503 Send a message via Yahoo to imickey503

I really have done a lot of my PT Cruiser this last week so I'm just going to go and convince it all here because you know what I really got to think a lot of you guys because some of the information you folks put out is just amazing.

I too have done a serious speaker upgrade and actually it's not really that I replace the speakers but so much as what I did to them that really did matter.

I went to the junkyard just the other day and I picked up the actual kicker OEM speakers that I picked out of a Dodge Neon I got the front tweeters the front midbass drivers for the doors and I also got the rear six by nines ever in the back just for s**** and giggles.

I was even able to find something kind of odd where I went to one PT Cruiser actually found a 2in driver that was in the dash location that was a cone driver and I've never seen that before.

something else I've never seen before was the 4 disc CD changer actually mounted to the lower cubby that was new and so I got most of the parts for that and especially different face you where I actually want to install stereo wet underneath in that location.

I spent the time to actually test every single one of the tweeters and even though I went to Best Buy and order the OEM adapters I couldn't find any of them so I'm back to square one on that

however I tested all the drivers and I found out the characteristics of all of them I've even tested out the really cheap drivers that are available and I think I posted a video about those while ago which was the little half inch dumb drivers,that are in my opinion nice but inferior in many ways.

in my opinion the one-inch drivers that are made in Mexico that are labeled premium are really premium style drivers and in fact they get even better if you actually aim them towards your ears.

the 6dB crossover slope works very well with the stock drivers if you actually take the time to do the sound deadening of the doors, the problem is that it's simply way too much and really does need at least a 12db crossover point to play cleanly.

I've installed subwoofers I've done a lot of other stuff and I think I really do need to send like a little build log here because I've done a lot of things to it and I have planned to do a bunch more.

I plan to take at least a hundred pictures and post them soon and honestly I really need to make some videos and somehow two things on what I did because I think we'll be pretty good once I finally get it all together.
worst car I have ever owned from a reliability standpoint.
Canadian spec car imported to the states.
Wish I could just rewire everything and use a Minivans ROCK SOLID electrical system in this car.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 11:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
Installed a new set of rear speakers today. Started with them because it took all of 10 minutes to replace both, since I had already changed speakers once before.
Picked up a set of Kicker 46CSC684 6x8's. They sound pretty good.

I also have a set of Infinity Reference REF-6530cx components to install in the front doors.
A little bit more of a project since the door panel has to come off.

Sounds like nice speakers! My sister has been wanting to upgrade the speakers on her 2001 PT. I'll work on it right after I finished installing the brake kit and steel wheels from 4Wheelonlin onto the truck this week. I'll let her check those speakers.
rcktpwrd likes this.
Old 01 Dec 2020, 03:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeder View Post
Sounds like nice speakers! My sister has been wanting to upgrade the speakers on her 2001 PT. I'll work on it right after I finished installing the brake kit and steel wheels from 4Wheelonlin onto the truck this week. I'll let her check those speakers.
There are less expensive versions of these speakers available too, not that these are very expensive. If your not running an amp you don't need speakers that can handle 75+ watts.

www.rcktpwrd.com

Tags
air filter