Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did you do to your PT today?

Like Tree415Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2017, 02:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default What did you do to your PT today?

We'll try this again. Stay on topic, No arguments. Don't like what was said, say what you have to and let the reader decide what to believe. Above all .....RESPECT!
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Oct 2017 at 02:53 pm.
Old 09 Oct 2017, 04:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: What did you do to your PT today?

I looked at mine in the driveway...

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1989 Chevy Suburban 2500
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 09 Oct 2017, 08:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Thank you CREWZIN! Looked out the window at mine today and smiled!
Old 09 Oct 2017, 08:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

I drove mine to work today....like I do every.... single.....frigging....day....with hardly a day off.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 12:04 am
Young Cruiser

Would yesterday count? I gave ours a good wash and wax.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 06:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well just got back from the pick and pull and scored myself the decorative engine cover from an 01 for $5..i screwed the studs into my intake and snapped the cover on .. looks pretty good, does look like it rubs on the power steering cap a bit..
Old 12 Oct 2017, 06:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: What did you do to your PT today?

Hi all,today I today I replaced my old radiator and lower radiator support brace with new ones due to backing in a ditch in the dark, the job went great...only bled once and no bad words were said which is unusual for me...was amazed how easy the job was and I learned something that might be of use to someone else,pt cruisers used at least 2 different lower radiator support braces, I purchased one on eBay that stated it fit 01 thru 10,(mine is an 07),
And of course when it arrived it was different than mine,on the box it said it fit 01 to 05 models,I was pretty upset at first as I had waited 3 weeks for the part with the pt up on Jack stands,after a close examination my 07 brace was much taller, yet the mounting bolt pattern was the same on both,and the differences in the 2 braces were "under" the radiator on the brace,in other words the 01 to 05 brace would still put the radiator in the same place height wise,the difference was my 07 brace hangs down lower than the 01 to 05 brace, I installed the new one and had to modify it just slightly so the lower radiator hose wouldn't rub on the lip of the brace,and had to fab up 3 spacers where the bumper cover attaches,easy peazy..now the lower brace has a bit more ground clearence...hope this might help someone...next week I install a split rear hatch cover and will post some pics of the install...cheers! Terry
Fk5 and rockandroller like this.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 07:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yelled at my Dad to check the coolant and oil in case the heater core is still "weeping" He is driving the thing like it is a regular car. Probably getting it back Saturday.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 07:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotman View Post
Hi all,today I today I replaced my old radiator and lower radiator support brace with new ones due to backing in a ditch in the dark, the job went great...only bled once and no bad words were said which is unusual for me...was amazed how easy the job was and I learned something that might be of use to someone else,pt cruisers used at least 2 different lower radiator support braces, I purchased one on eBay that stated it fit 01 thru 10,(mine is an 07),
And of course when it arrived it was different than mine,on the box it said it fit 01 to 05 models,I was pretty upset at first as I had waited 3 weeks for the part with the pt up on Jack stands,after a close examination my 07 brace was much taller, yet the mounting bolt pattern was the same on both,and the differences in the 2 braces were "under" the radiator on the brace,in other words the 01 to 05 brace would still put the radiator in the same place height wise,the difference was my 07 brace hangs down lower than the 01 to 05 brace, I installed the new one and had to modify it just slightly so the lower radiator hose wouldn't rub on the lip of the brace,and had to fab up 3 spacers where the bumper cover attaches,easy peazy..now the lower brace has a bit more ground clearence...hope this might help someone...next week I install a split rear hatch cover and will post some pics of the install...cheers! Terry
Welcome to the forum

Please go to the Welcome New PT Cruiser Members section and create an intro thread

You also might want to let the EBay seller know about the issue with the part and their ad and what you went through. They might refund some of your purchase price due to your inconvenience and the error with the ad. Doesn't hurt to ask as they would probably refund a little rather than get the part back.
wingman55 likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 12 Oct 2017 at 07:14 pm.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 06:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

So on my adventures today at the yard , i scored a mopar dual exhaust setup for $23.. just needs to be cleaned up a bit and then the real struggle of removing the stock rusted muffler.. also got a set of factory pt cruiser rear mudflaps for $6..installation will have to wait, the wife wants together time during the anniversary weekend..
rcktpwrd and wingman55 like this.