Advertisements
Tailgate

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thecabinguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2017, 05:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Tailgate

It's been a while since I've posted on here because my two PTs have been doing just fine. However, my 05 has been doing something a little odd - the hatch won't stay closed and fully latched sometimes. I can be driving the car or sitting at an idle and the yellow light on the dash comes on that the hatch is not fully latched (and I can hear noise when the light comes on). When I come to a stop and take off I hear one chime and that's it. Also it seems to take the interior light a very long time to shut off, so I have temporarily taken out the bulb. Without spending money to have someone look at it I thought I'd take a gander and see if it's something I could find to adjust but can't figure out by looking at it where to start. Does anyone have an idea? The electronic latch button does still work but only if it is latched all the way. I can push on the hatch and it will shut fully, but rarely stays that way for more than a day. Anyone else ever have this problem?
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Prescott, Arizona, home of forested mountains, 5 lakes (well, four lakes and one big pond), and Arizona's Christmas City (my home 6,000 feet elevation) - 2005 Touring & 2002 Limited - both patriot blue & factory stock