Advertisements
Post purchase inspection questions 2006

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ajhockey3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Oct 2017, 09:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Post purchase inspection questions 2006

Just purchased this car, I did a good amount of pre purchase inspection but not as much as I probably should when looking at fine details have some questions.

The rear passenger power windows motor is slow and makes a sound like it's going to die any second. Is it an easy fix or a hard Process? I have removed the door panels on other cars but not on a cruiser and I have never replaced a power window motor.

Is the interior light, the one in the middle, have a switch somewhere? It doesn't turn on when keys in the ignition or when the doors are open. I checked the fuse looks fine haven't replaced the bulb. Also there appears to be a small light beside the outlet in the trunk, and that one doesn't turn on too. Are they wired in series and ones dead? Is there a switch I haven't found? Are both bulbs just dead?

Is it common for the trunk release to be finiky? Sometimes it opens no problem multiple times in a row, sometimes it won't budge at all, usually clicking unlock on the key a few times and trying again will release the trunk.
Is the latch mechanism dying or is it just how it tends to be?

Thanks guys, sorry if these questions seem dumb, new or owner, kind of grew up around GM vehicles
Old 25 Oct 2017, 11:50 pm
Banned

Default Re: Post purchase inspection questions 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post
Just purchased this car, I did a good amount of pre purchase inspection but not as much as I probably should when looking at fine details have some questions.

The rear passenger power windows motor is slow and makes a sound like it's going to die any second. Is it an easy fix or a hard Process? I have removed the door panels on other cars but not on a cruiser and I have never replaced a power window motor.

Is the interior light, the one in the middle, have a switch somewhere? It doesn't turn on when keys in the ignition or when the doors are open. I checked the fuse looks fine haven't replaced the bulb. Also there appears to be a small light beside the outlet in the trunk, and that one doesn't turn on too. Are they wired in series and ones dead? Is there a switch I haven't found? Are both bulbs just dead?

Is it common for the trunk release to be finiky? Sometimes it opens no problem multiple times in a row, sometimes it won't budge at all, usually clicking unlock on the key a few times and trying again will release the trunk.
Is the latch mechanism dying or is it just how it tends to be?

Thanks guys, sorry if these questions seem dumb, new or owner, kind of grew up around GM vehicles
Welcome to the forum

All of the interior lights should be on at the same time when you open the doors or turn the switch on the light stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel. You may just have a couple of burned out bulbs.

Are you talking about when you reach under the rear handle to press the touch-pad switch for the rear hatch? If so, then the touch-pad switch may be going out. You can check this forum for how to add a replacement switch rather than replacing the entire rear emblem to fix that issue.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 06:38 am
Veteran Cruiser

Depending on how your remote is setup...1 click will open drivers door & 2 fast clicks will unlock the others..including the hatch. If the drivers door is already unlocked, you still need to do 2 clicks.
You can also program the remote to unlock all doors on 1st click if you want.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 26 Oct 2017, 07:30 am
Veteran Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your PT.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 02:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Welcome to the forum

All of the interior lights should be on at the same time when you open the doors or turn the switch on the light stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel. You may just have a couple of burned out bulbs.

Are you talking about when you reach under the rear handle to press the touch-pad switch for the rear hatch? If so, then the touch-pad switch may be going out. You can check this forum for how to add a replacement switch rather than replacing the entire rear emblem to fix that issue.
Well I wished I would have checked this thread before I left this morning, Just bought two new bulbs this morning popped one in the car before figuring out the lights on the stalk. The previous light worked, but it was fairly old looking, So I'm not upset about spending $6.5 at Canadian Tire for a 2 pack
rckstein and Carnut like this.