• 10 Post By Birdman
  • 5 Post By CREWZIN
  • 5 Post By Birdman
  • 2 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2017, 10:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default First PT Cruiser Road Trip

Yesterday we had to go to a funeral out of town, so since we sunk so much time and money into the Cruiser, we figured it was time to "let her stretch her hubcaps"(in the words of my 15 yr old daughter..lol..which is funny because it has alloy wheels).

The trip went great. I found the car used a bit more gas than I had hoped, but there was a strong wind going both ways and who knows how long it had been since the last time it saw any highway use.

The car just got happier and happier as the trip went. The performance improved dramatically! There's lots of get up and go now! We must have blew a pile of carbon and junk out of the motor!

This morning, on start up, the car ran smoother, started easier and some little noises had vanished!

I've always been a firm believer in taking a car out on the highway for a good run once in a while to blow the junk out and get things really moving, and again, it's worked!

Just thought I'd share that little bit of happy news!
Old 02 Nov 2017, 01:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: First PT Cruiser Road Trip

Here's a tip.

When cruising in your PT with your sweetie, take lot of great photos of her with the wind flowing though her hair and then post them online. Pretty soon she will want to go riding in your PT everyday.

Here's a link:

Handy's New Turbo Convertible PT Project!

And congratulations on your PT. You've put lots of work into it and I'm glad it's paying off for you.
Old 02 Nov 2017, 02:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The story I like to tell is my 3 trips from Florida to Niagara Falls 3 years in a row. Each trip over 2000 miles round trip for the PT Cruiser gathering of over 700 PT's from all over the country. Never encountered a problem except for a small A/C leak on one of the trips which was found by a local shop around the falls and fixed on the spot.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Nov 2017, 05:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Here's a tip.

When cruising in your PT with your sweetie, take lot of great photos of her with the wind flowing though her hair and then post them online. Pretty soon she will want to go riding in your PT everyday.

Here's a link:

Handy's New Turbo Convertible PT Project!

And congratulations on your PT. You've put lots of work into it and I'm glad it's paying off for you.

Never mind wanting to ride in it, her and my daughter have fallen in love with this thing..they've even named it Belle(for those who watch the show Once Upon a Time...Belle=Mrs.Gold(the Cruiser is gold in color) and Belle is the wife of "the dark one"(we have black 2012 Grand Caravan as well)..get it? BTW... Notice I say "they named it Belle"... I can't bring myself to call it that...lol

To be honest I bought it more for my wife to drive than myself, but I have to come clean and say I'm starting to really like the car, even with it's quirks.
Old 02 Nov 2017, 10:59 pm
Banned

I enjoy very much driving my PT

I like to take day-trips, getting out of the big city and driving the back roads. A lot less crazy traffic and you get to see how people really live.

This was on a trip to Breckenridge, TX, long straight roads and no traffic

May you enjoy many more trips in your PT

Last edited by rckstein; 03 Nov 2017 at 12:16 am.