Like Tree6Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Nov 2017, 01:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Looking at buying a PT Cruzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgross92 View Post
I have an opportunity to buy a 2007 73k with turbo 2.4 for about 5k. See mixed reviews on reliability. Any thoughts?
When I go shopping for another used car on an average I see cars for sale for 15,000 dollars with 60,000 miles on them. The cars I saw were not as clean looking as the 2007 Pt Cruiser you see for sale and yet for 5,000 dollars I would be considering it instead of making payments of 500 or 600 dollars a month for 5 years or more.

The reason I got my Pt Cruisers is because my grandfather used to have several 1930's and 1940's cars in his property junkyard and I used to admire them hoping to come back one day and fix one of them up. Never got the chance but when I saw the Pt Cruisers a few years ago I knew I wanted to get at least two of them regardless of the cost.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 07 Nov 2017, 02:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Looking at buying a PT Cruzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgross92 View Post
I have an opportunity to buy a 2007 73k with turbo 2.4 for about 5k. See mixed reviews on reliability. Any thoughts?
Unless I am mistaken, it seems your reliability question got lost in telling you what it's worth. I can't speak to the reliability of the turbo model, nor a PT that new. I can tell you that I rebuilt a 2001 that was headed for the boneyard 5 years ago. Head gasket, timing belt and all the other maintenance items these guys are talking about. It has been driven daily for 5 years without any major concerns. It currently has more than 177,000 miles on it. It gives every indication that it has at least another 100,000 miles in it. I hope that helps.

In central Illinois, 5K would be a very reasonable price.

Ron

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical Minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end". (R.J. Wiedemann Lt.Col. USMC Ret)

Last edited by Badglas; 07 Nov 2017 at 02:04 am.
Closed Thread