Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2017, 02:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Headlight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
I have run the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs in my PT for several years now and have been very satisfied with them. When they need changing again, I may switch to their SilverStar Ultra. The low beams and driving lights are easy to change, but it's a little tight to get in to change the high beams.

I use the driving lights on my PT as DRL and have them on all the time while I'm driving, day or night. The SilverStar 9145, on the back of the package, have a lifetime rating of 250 hours. These bulbs usually last me 12-18 months, but again, I have them burning all the time while driving.

The last time that I replaced them (09/02/17) I then set my UltraGauge to monitor the vehicle run time so when one of them burns out, I can see how many hours of use I got out of them. As of this date, I have 102 hours of vehicle running time on the driving light bulbs that I put in this past September.

Their high and low beam bulbs do not have any hour rating on the package. However, both packages do state that they are guaranteed for 12 months from date of purchase. If they expire in that time frame, then you can contact them for a refund.

However, I also learned that their warranty has some restrictions on where you purchased your bulbs from. From their website:

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/home/autoinfo.jsp

"Satisfaction - ​At OSRAM SYLVANIA, your complete satisfaction is our business. SYLVANIA guarantees your complete satisfaction for up to 12 months from the date of purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, return this product to the place of purchase or contact SYLVANIA at 1-800-729-3777 or online. Proof of purchase is required. Purchases from EBAYŽ or other online auction sites are not covered. EBAYŽ (as well as other online auction sites) are consumer to consumer marketplaces lacking quality control guidelines and expertise. Purchases made on Amazon.com must state: ‘ships from and sold by Amazon.com’ in order to be considered an authorized retailer."

I've purchased a lot of bulbs on Ebay because of the lower prices.
Now this is a good post where rckstein indicated how long his light bulbs will last. This will allow members to decide if they want to replace light bulbs every 18 months or just keep the original light bulbs.
Old 11 Nov 2017, 02:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Headlight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Now this is a good post where rckstein indicated how long his light bulbs will last. This will allow members to decide if they want to replace light bulbs every 18 months or just keep the original light bulbs.
I never noticed the hour rating before on the back of their packaging. That's why when I last replaced them, I set my UG to monitor the vehicle run time. It will be interesting to see how many hours I get out of them before one burns out.

The only thing is there could be a little fudge factor on the vehicle run time, because sometimes I may be sitting in the car with the a/c or heat running, but would not have the driving lights on. So when one finally does fail, I'll subtract a few hours to account for those idling times with no lights on.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 11 Nov 2017 at 02:09 am.
Closed Thread