Advertisements
Strange door lock problem

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Nov 2017, 10:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Strange door lock problem

I have an 06 convertible that is having door lock issues. I read through dozens of posts and cant find a similar problem. The passenger door started locking on its own about a month ago. We would park the car and not lock the doors and when we came back the passenger door was locked. No big deal and we figured we would just live with it. The other day my Wife tried to open the drivers door and it wouldn't unlock with the fob or the key. I played with the key and found that if you turn the key left, hold it there, and pull the handle the door will open but immediately lock again. The trunk works fine with the fob and key. When you press the fob button or the lock button on either door the module clicks but the locks don't move. Fuses are good and I tried the reset and the module clicks and the horn chirps but nothing changes. Seems like too much of a coincidence that both door actuators would break at the same time in the locked position. Any ideas?
Old 14 Nov 2017, 10:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Strange door lock problem

I'm curious about this too.

Even curiouser that there hasn't been a response.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 11:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1961 View Post
I have an 06 convertible that is having door lock issues. I read through dozens of posts and cant find a similar problem. The passenger door started locking on its own about a month ago. We would park the car and not lock the doors and when we came back the passenger door was locked. No big deal and we figured we would just live with it. The other day my Wife tried to open the drivers door and it wouldn't unlock with the fob or the key. I played with the key and found that if you turn the key left, hold it there, and pull the handle the door will open but immediately lock again. The trunk works fine with the fob and key. When you press the fob button or the lock button on either door the module clicks but the locks don't move. Fuses are good and I tried the reset and the module clicks and the horn chirps but nothing changes. Seems like too much of a coincidence that both door actuators would break at the same time in the locked position. Any ideas?
These are the common problems with door lock issues.

1. A bad disarm switch
2. A bad door latch
3. A bad computer or wiring getting water on it.

I am suggesting that since it started with the passenger side door lock I would take the passenger door panel off and see if there might be a mechanical problem causing the computer to be confused thinking it still needs to constantly lock the doors.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 05:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

There's an electrical plug on the backside of your door lock. I suggest you remove the door panel and check that sucker. When my door locks went wonky, that's what the problem turned out to be. And make sure that if you replace it, you get it in the right position or you'll have the same problem. I don't remember which way it's supposed to go, now. It's got a triangle shaped connector that fits on the back of the lock pin. You can get one from a junkyard for free (at least they didn't charge me), just be sure to check the position when you remove it.
rockandroller likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.