Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Broke off right side Window Switch, having trouble removing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2017, 06:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Broke off right side Window Switch, having trouble removing

I am at a careful stopping point. I have the top and bottom cover off. On this 2006 PT Cruiser. This job has to be done, because the wipers won't shut off with the switch broken off, and cable broken. I have covers off, and two screws off behind the top mounting of the left and right arms (Lights (left) and Wipers (Rt), but I can't see how to loosen the right broken switch, to replace it. There is no Emergency Flasher on this model, and electrical plugs looks smaller than on the 2001 when I was researching the forum

IMG_4850.JPG

IMG_4851.JPG

IMG_4852.JPG

Wondering with the screws loose and the whole black arms moving a little if the right side snaps on some how. 2006 model.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 06:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Broke off right side Window Switch, having trouble removing

On the left side of the switch (headlight side) there is a screw on the lower part that goes into the right side (wiper side)..once that screw is removed...slid out the left side from the channel & remove.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 10 Dec 2017, 07:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post
On the left side of the switch (headlight side) there is a screw on the lower part that goes into the right side (wiper side)..once that screw is removed...slid out the left side from the channel & remove.
This was from another thread, but I believe this is the screw you're talking about:

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 10 Dec 2017, 07:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microman View Post
I am at a careful stopping point. I have the top and bottom cover off. On this 2006 PT Cruiser. This job has to be done, because the wipers won't shut off with the switch broken off, and cable broken. I have covers off, and two screws off behind the top mounting of the left and right arms (Lights (left) and Wipers (Rt), but I can't see how to loosen the right broken switch, to replace it. There is no Emergency Flasher on this model, and electrical plugs looks smaller than on the 2001 when I was researching the forum

Attachment 26590

Attachment 26591

Attachment 26592

Wondering with the screws loose and the whole black arms moving a little if the right side snaps on some how. 2006 model.
Welcome to the forum

When you get a chance, please go to Welcome New PT Cruiser Members - PT Cruiser Forum and create an intro thread

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93