Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Wolfman01
  • 2 Post By Wolfman01
  • 1 Post By Wolfman01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2017, 06:53 am
Young Cruiser

Default Saying bye to the PT Bruiser today

Last night my Mate and I came across an orange Jeep Compass Trailhawk while stopping by our nearby Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership to see about getting an obnoxious message shut off on the Dart, and the new key fob programmed for the PT. Bruiser. The vehicle caught both of our attention immediately, and we gave it a test drive. We both loved it, and the decision was made. The PT and Dart are both going to be traded in for the new ride that will be able to suit the needs that both vehicles served individually. I'll miss her, but her mission is officially over, and we needed to cut down the number of cars in the driveway.

The new ride:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeep Compass1.jpg (78.8 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Jeep Compass2.jpg (72.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Jeep Compass3.jpg (52.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 23 Dec 2017, 07:06 am
Banned

Default Re: Saying bye to the PT Bruiser today

Sorry to hear that you got rid of your PT

Hope you enjoyed it while you had it

And your new ride is sharp, hope you enjoy it for a long time
Old 23 Dec 2017, 07:38 am
Cool Cruiser

My wife really likes the new compass trailhawks.. says they look like a minny grand cherokee
Old 23 Dec 2017, 11:19 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Saying bye to the PT Bruiser today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman01 View Post
Last night my Mate and I came across an orange Jeep Compass Trailhawk while stopping by our nearby Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership to see about getting an obnoxious message shut off on the Dart, and the new key fob programmed for the PT. Bruiser. The vehicle caught both of our attention immediately, and we gave it a test drive. We both loved it, and the decision was made. The PT and Dart are both going to be traded in for the new ride that will be able to suit the needs that both vehicles served individually. I'll miss her, but her mission is officially over, and we needed to cut down the number of cars in the driveway.

The new ride:
My father has one exactly like yours, Trail Hawk. He gets more questions and compliments on the Compass and the unique spitfire orange color like he's never had on any other vehicle. He never had a Jeep before and I was quite shocked at the choice he made but he made the right choice. The auto 4wd he loves for the snowy days. He is thrilled with the dual sunroof. Enjoy your new ride.

2002 PT 4 door Inferno Red
2008 PT Convertible Bright Silver
Old 24 Dec 2017, 07:16 am
Veteran Cruiser

Nice looking whip. Enjoy the ride.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 09:46 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
The PT and Dart are both going to be traded in for the new ride that will be able to suit the needs that both vehicles served individually.
That is a nice looking vehicle. Congratulations.

So, was it a straight up even trade or did the dealer throw some extra cash your way because you included the Dart?
Old 26 Dec 2017, 06:41 pm
Young Cruiser

The PT will be missed. It was a great little runabout in it's own right. Still, five vehicles was too many, and we needed both the utility that the PT offered, while maintaining the comfort and reliability of the Dart. Having the 4x4, for the winter commutes is a benefit over the FWD of the other two. No RSRocket, it wasn't a straight up trade. A $30k SUV is a fair bit more expensive than a 2 year old Dart and a 16 year old beater. LOL.
Old 26 Dec 2017, 06:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Very nice new ride, Wolfman01.

Just don't stay away from the forum. Once a PT owner, always a PT enthusiast. So you will always be welcome here with us.

Old 27 Dec 2017, 05:17 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Very nice new ride, Wolfman01.

Just don't stay away from the forum. Once a PT owner, always a PT enthusiast. So you will always be welcome here with us.

Yeah, I won't completely vanish. I have to check in once in a while. Maybe at some point when we have the space, I'll find a survivor with a turbo engine and a stick, and keep it as part of my oddball car collection.

My little bruiser was showing that it was going to need another substantial infusion of cash. Starter, alternator, and fuel pump were simultaneously beginning to signal that they had all three exceeded their designed, planned obsolescence lifespans, plus it still needed a handful of other stuff done to ease my OCD. It was time to retire it.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 30 Dec 2017, 03:59 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:

The new ride:
Were we split at birth? I been shopping around for the past yr on these Jeep Cherokees. In red, of course. I past the dealer every day on the way home.
My finances are just not set in stone, to think about it tho. Too many pros and cons as well. Mainly b/c I don't drive my PT enough, and if I really need a vehicle or share a new one with a family member.
Please provide some pics on the inside!!! I have yet do a test-drive, and if I do??? I may follow your footsteps

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 30 Dec 2017 at 04:01 pm.