Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 PT Cruiser A/C problem :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2018, 01:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 PT Cruiser A/C problem :(

Hello everyone! Anyone can help me with a problem please? My PT very slowly loses refrigerant. I will have it professionally charged and within 2 months and a half the AC system will stop blowing cold. The leak is so small it cannot be detected through an analysis and dye tests indicate no leaks anywhere. I also noticed water dripping into the cabin through the panels on the front passenger side when it rains. Has anyone had this problem? Is there somewhere everyone who’s looked at it be forgetting to check?
Old 05 Jan 2018, 06:15 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 PT Cruiser A/C problem :(

My 06 has a leaking evaporator ( the unit behind the dash ) I found this by making a set of hoses that isolated the evap then pulled a vacuum, shut the valves and watched the gauge for a change. For locating leaks that are not easily found, isolating sections of the AC is the only way to go.

Don't use AC sealer, it can damage the compressor and clog the orifice tube.

According to the factory parts drawing, the tubes leading from under hood to evaporator look to be 2 piece, this could be a potential leak point. I have not verified this on an actual part.

Tags
a/c, leaking a/c, water leaking into cabin