Advertisements
Broken click and lock connector

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 06_PB6_TOURING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jan 2018, 07:59 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Broken click and lock connector

Somehow the part of the pictured connector that clicks on and locks in to place fell out while I was working on something in the engine bay. Does anyone know what this connector is and whether or not I can just take the locking piece out of a new connecter and insert into this one. This is on a 2005 Turbo Convertible.
20180113_180413.jpg
20180113_180424.jpg
Old 15 Jan 2018, 05:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Broken click and lock connector

Did this have a red sliding lock or was every thing black?

If red sliding lock it can be removed from another connector however CPA ( Connector Position Assurance ) locks are mostly for a visual check during initial assembly. If the main lock is working ( you can't pull the connector off ) it will be just fine as is.

If the connector just pulls off, the plastic tab is broken ( common due to age / heat ) and the connector housing will need to be changed. The wires and terminal ends will be reusable but sometime you need a tool to pop the latch or you remove a stuffer on the terminal end and pull the wires out the back.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 01:11 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks for the tip! It just slides off so I'll need a new connecter. Anybody know what this one is called or a part no? I am not familiar with what the one does. It's is one of the many extra connectors I have discovered in my turbo PT that the N.A. didn't have.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 01:17 am
Young Cruiser

I may just rig it with a piece of wire. I don't feel like the cable tie is a secure fit but it would be nice to use an original connector if possible.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 07:04 am
Banned

You can get info on a replacement connector from this website:

Mopar Connection Repair Kit

You might get an error when the website loads, but just click on the Home button in the top right corner.

You need to know what that component is called in order to locate the correct connector. If someone on the forum doesn't respond you could go to your local dealership parts department and they should be able to tell you what that part is called.

Once you find the correct part number for the connector you need, just search online for a source of where to buy it.

Last edited by rckstein; 16 Jan 2018 at 07:26 am.