mine did
Old 13 Feb 2018, 09:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 0-60 MPH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the www
The color of your car can tell a little about your personality

"What Your Car Color Might Say About You

As with any aspect of life, your choice of color for the car you drive can give insights about your personality and preferences. Most Americans spend a lot of time in their cars and either overtly or subconsciously use it as a means of self-expression. Whether you intend it or not, color choice says something about you, especially with something that you use nearly every day like your car.

Car Colors

While age, gender, car type and even cultural differences can change the meaning and impact of car color around the world, the following is an overview of a few of the most popular car color choices at this time and what they might say about your personality:

Black

Black is an extremely popular car color as well, and is especially prevalent in luxury model cars. A deep black shiny car exudes a feeling of luxury and the finer things in life, especially if the car is a newer model. Black is sophisticated, powerful and always makes a statement. It is the color of the cars that transport presidents and diplomats, and it always makes a striking impression. Choosing this car color indicates that you wish to exude these qualities yourself.

Red

While more neutral car tones like silver, gray and black have been very popular in recent years, red is still a favorite among a certain group as well. Drivers of red cars definitely want attention, and it’s hard not to notice a bright red car no matter what the make or model. Red can also indicate energy, ambition, power and confidence – or a desire to be seen as having these qualities.

Earth Tones

Earth tones like brown, beige, tan and green have risen in popularity in recent years, especially with the surge of SUVs and sporty cars that are ideal for hitting country highways or mountain roads. These colors often indicate a grounded individual who appreciates nature and respects the environment.

Your car is something you use nearly every day, and the color you choose likely indicates aspects of your personality either overt or dormant. How accurate is your choice of car color to who you are or who you want to be?"
So what if you have 3 cars and they are those colors....
I say a well rounmded individual?

I have a grey truck as well but we were talking about cars
Carnut likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Feb 2018, 09:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
mine did
73+ WOT 1/4 runs most on the bottle and was holding fine as a daily driver now... so mine did as well

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Feb 2018, 09:23 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenchnIswhatIdo View Post
.That's no way to treat a Cruiser.! .
Its called Cruiser for a reason
I my not be a smart man....... but I do know one thing..
.................. You keep that up you'll be walking
These car don't hold up to a beating
Bringing the engine up against the torque converter can actually be less abusive than idle and stomp since slop is taken out of the drive line.

The only thing a stall test does is build heat, leave enough time for it to dissipate and no harm done. Leaning on any car will make it wear out faster regardless of brand but I don't view the PT power train as being fragile.

These trans were used behind more powerful motors and heavier cars. Have a look on car-part.com for a 06 ish PT trans, there are countless ones for little money. This tells me they don't fail often.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 07:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_PB6_TOURING View Post
Bringing the engine up against the torque converter can actually be less abusive than idle and stomp since slop is taken out of the drive line.

The only thing a stall test does is build heat, leave enough time for it to dissipate and no harm done. Leaning on any car will make it wear out faster regardless of brand but I don't view the PT power train as being fragile.

These trans were used behind more powerful motors and heavier cars. Have a look on car-part.com for a 06 ish PT trans, there are countless ones for little money. This tells me they don't fail often.
Dude.... LOL when you place a stock automatic transmission in gear there is nothing to take out (slack) of the drive-line.

um...and also go and inspect a few A604/41TE , please! Power braking can and does damage the turbine and the stator which will cause transmission failure.

Oh and I forgot to mention go look at what a PT Cruiser weighs in at.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 13 Feb 2018 at 07:06 pm.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 07:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Dude.... LOL when you place a stock automatic transmission in gear there is nothing to take out (slack) of the drive-line.

um...and also go and inspect a few A604/41TE , please! Power braking can and does damage the turbine and the stator which will cause transmission failure.

Oh and I forgot to mention go look at what a PT Cruiser weighs in at.

Sure the TC at idle will place a load on gears and axles, but you are forgetting about motor mounts, control arm bushings and such.

Idle in gear, stomp the pedal, the motor rolls back against the mounts and hits a limit then the shock is transmitted back through the gear train.
( not a heavy bang but it is there )

Preload the motor against the TC with the brakes, motor mounts are pulled to their limits, roll off the brakes and no shock.

I did say leaning on any car will wear it out more. Once in a while won't break an otherwise healthy trans. Checking stall speed is in every shop manual I've looked at with the warning to let the trans cool between tests.

I'd have to pull a TC catalog but I'm expecting the 40 and 41 to be same converter or at least same internals.

Besides, what generates more TC loading, a non turbo car against stall speed or a turbo car idling then full throttle?

A PT is ~ 3,200 Lb 2.4 L and 150 HP , a 06 Chrysler mini van is ~ 4,400 Lb 3.3 L and 180 HP . This means the mini van will be against the TC more often ( not at WOT though ) and be out of lockup more of the time due to higher weight and only slightly more power.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 11:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

LOL

The thread is about 0-60 times if your want a lesson on how to drag race start a thread.
I started to reply and explain each line of the last response in the way a professional drag racer or performance car builder would and deleted it all. Besides much of it is not even correct information and bad assumptions about the Turbo and NA model PT's and ATX. I mean I went wait what...LOL

Bottom line is I gave a warning based on decades of experience racing using automatic's and taking apart several 41TE's and finding the real reason many fail and confirmed my theory with experienced people in the transmission business and posted what I learned on this thread and this forum over about 6 years of posting .

Last time...

If you want to DAMAGE your PT Cruiser automatic transmission power brake it.

If you want to run slower and less consistent ET's at an event POWER BRAKE!

Most members don't have a core 41TE standing ready for a build up.

MY High stall custom hand built 41TE Torque converter by one of the best companies in the performance industry. Mainly to prevent everything bad I have already post does happen to them. Not to mention the rest of the performance upgraded parts I have for a 41TE for the PT Cruiser. LOL

And a couple member can even post my one off custom deep trans mission pan as well.

20180213_204254_resize.jpg

20180213_204311_resize.jpg

20180213_204423_resize.jpg

20180213_204434_resize.jpg

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 13 Feb 2018 at 11:54 pm.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 12:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs View Post
HEY!! if yer gonna RACE, at LEAST take out the back seats!
Old 14 Feb 2018, 10:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

In almost 6 years I came to the conclusion ($$$$$) that a PT Cruiser is best suited for getting in and having a fun drive with it!

Who cares about performance , it is NOT a real Race car!

rockandroller, Handy_Cruiser, VsandFords and 1 others like this.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 14 Feb 2018, 10:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
In almost 6 years I came to the conclusion ($$$$$) that a PT Cruiser is best suited for getting in and having a fun drive with it!

Who cares about performance , it is NOT a real Race car!
FINALLY! After five years, he admits it! Now once he comes to terms with the same fact about the Mini Cooper, we may have a breakthrough here.