PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Gonna try these

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2018, 11:53 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Gonna try these

we will see how these things preform. has to be better than stock crappy bulbs..
Old 15 Feb 2018, 12:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Gonna try these

Let us know how these turn out. Should be a lot brighter.
svtnos likes this.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 15 Feb 2018, 02:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtnos View Post
we will see how these things preform. has to be better than stock crappy bulbs..

? ???? Are your headlights properly aimed with the original bulbs? PT headlights are just fine and worlds better than a old style halogen sealed beam headlight.

Your incandescent bulbs might be wearing out ( not burned out ). When in operation, the filament throws off molecules of tungsten, this ends up coating the inside of the bulb reducing transmitted light. While I haven't seen a headlight bulb turn completely black but still " work ", I've seen countless smaller bulbs do this.

Also, these cars tend to corrode away under hood grounds for headlights and more, this could reduce brightness.

Be sure to reaim the headlights when installing the LED bulbs, other drivers will appreciate it.

You may get radio interference as most LED bulbs use an inverter to control current for max brightness.
rob302 likes this.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 03:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

I like my LED's

05ptc22.jpg
rockandroller and svtnos like this.
http://www.carnut.com/
FB https://www.facebook.com/george.c.mcdowell
My 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible Project

Old 15 Feb 2018, 03:31 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Capture.JPG

i'd like to see how they look looking the other direction. if you don't have a nice crisp horizontal line like the first or second pic, you're blinding and pissing people off. i've played chicken with a few people on accident because they were a little too into their vision. at the end of the day if i can't see the road do to someone blinding me, i'll do my best to stay in my own lane, but realistically i'd much rather run them off the road than accidentally find the ditch myself.

personally i would just measure voltage drop and do the relay mod, but i've recommended it at least 20x and nobody ever tried it here. just fixing C103 under the dash i made mine noticeably brighter on accident

post a pic like above, i'm hoping to see good things. ther's a 50% chance there will be a crisper line than stock.

Last edited by rob302; 15 Feb 2018 at 04:49 pm.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 06:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
i'd like to see how they look looking the other direction. if you don't have a nice crisp horizontal line like the first or second pic, you're blinding and pissing people off.

Yep.

The cut off line at top of the beam pattern is there for a reason. With old sealed beam headlights the beam pattern was fuzzy. In order not to blind oncoming traffic, the headlights needed to be aimed lower and dimmer however this limits range.

With modern composite headlights that have a sharp upper cutoff, the pattern can be aimed higher without blinding oncoming traffic. This cutoff is built into the headlight housing but can be altered with a bulb that has it's point of light in a different place than a stock bulb or has light is coming from the end of the bulb. Many stock bulbs have the end blackened to prevent stray light from escaping.

In the pic Rob posted, anything above a Gen 2 is going to blind oncoming traffic. For some, this is the point of getting different bulbs.

" I got mine'z so screw you if you can't see. " See also diesel trucks blowing smoke , small Jeeps with way too much light, both with tires that stick out beyond fenders throwing rocks up cracking other cars windshields.

Also, since at least the 1980's or so, Euro cars had a headlight elevation adjuster but this is completely illegal in the USA. One guess as to why.. . .
rockandroller likes this.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 07:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
I like my LED's

Attachment 27768
Looks like if I was on the other side of the road I'd be blind when you go by
dougs likes this.

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Old 16 Feb 2018, 07:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_PB6_TOURING View Post
? ???? Are your headlights properly aimed with the original bulbs? PT headlights are just fine and worlds better than a old style halogen sealed beam headlight.

Your incandescent bulbs might be wearing out ( not burned out ). When in operation, the filament throws off molecules of tungsten, this ends up coating the inside of the bulb reducing transmitted light. While I haven't seen a headlight bulb turn completely black but still " work ", I've seen countless smaller bulbs do this.

Also, these cars tend to corrode away under hood grounds for headlights and more, this could reduce brightness.

Be sure to reaim the headlights when installing the LED bulbs, other drivers will appreciate it.

You may get radio interference as most LED bulbs use an inverter to control current for max brightness.
new headlight light assemblies , new bulbs , no problems.. aimed properlly.. i just hate teh yellowish color stock bulbs have... these leds will be alot brighter and give me more light for the backroads where i live.. honestly it may sound mean but i dont care what other drivers think.. i get flashed all the time when i drive my truck because of my lights.. thing is out by me people are always driving around wtih their brights on.. so F em..
Old 16 Feb 2018, 05:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
new headlight light assemblies , new bulbs , no problems.. aimed properlly.. i just hate teh yellowish color stock bulbs have... these leds will be alot brighter and give me more light for the backroads where i live.. honestly it may sound mean but i dont care what other drivers think..
Oh you don't sound mean, .. you are obviously an a hole with limited IQ. Just because you can't resolve your own personal problems doesn't give you the right to take it out on others.

Quote:
i get flashed all the time when i drive my truck because of my lights.. thing is out by me people are always driving around wtih their brights on.. so F em..
Hmm, so blinding oncoming traffic that has low beams on and is being a curious driver some how punishes those that leave their brights on? What logic are you using?

This sounds like someone whom buys obviously stolen goods then screams when someone steals from them.

All it is going to take another a hole like you to be coming in the opposite direction who has decided they are going to take you apart, this will make quite a show.
044400 likes this.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 09:53 am
Cool Cruiser

wow name calling now.. good for you for stoopin so low.. never once did it say i was going to blind others, and or that i was going to be driving around with my high beams on.... that was your assumption.. but thank you for letting me know that you think im an a hole.. makes you look like such an angel..