Advertisements
Rock Auto

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GotToGo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2018, 07:55 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Rock Auto

Are there any new Rock Auto 'Promo Codes' out there? I love these guys, but I'm cheep. Thanks!
Old 18 Mar 2018, 09:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rock Auto

Here's one.

You can sign up to have them email the codes to you. But it's just about as easy to just go to Retailmenot.com and get one there when you need it. Here's a link:

https://www.retailmenot.com/view/rockauto.com

Also, I often find that Amazon has the same stuff for about the same price but with free shipping if you have Prime. However, Amazon's parts application charts are terrible. So you will need to look the part up on some other better site like RockAuto and then search for it on Amazon by that part number.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 10:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Here's one.

You can sign up to have them email the codes to you. But it's just about as easy to just go to Retailmenot.com and get one there when you need it. Here's a link:

https://www.retailmenot.com/view/rockauto.com

Also, I often find that Amazon has the same stuff for about the same price but with free shipping if you have Prime. However, Amazon's parts application charts are terrible. So you will need to look the part up on some other better site like RockAuto and then search for it on Amazon by that part number.
I am suggesting RockAuto is not good for looking up part numbers from my experience. RockAuto used to have great customer service where you could give them your VIN number but that changed months ago. You are better off going to the dealer, Napa Auto or other auto parts stores in your area with your VIN number and get an accurate part number there and then buy at RockAuto, etc. Our member Rckstein has been pretty good finding part numbers for other members through the dealer, etc.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 18 Mar 2018 at 11:14 am.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 11:23 am
Cool Cruiser

Register with RA and you will always have a code listed under My Account.
Handy_Cruiser and 044400 like this.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 04:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Rockauto is good for one part only. If you order more than one part they cheat on shipping charges. They change shipping locations while you add parts to the shopping cart.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 10:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
Rockauto is good for one part only. If you order more than one part they cheat on shipping charges. They change shipping locations while you add parts to the shopping cart.
It's not that they are cheating you. It's just that they really don't have the whole shipping thing figured out like other large online retailers do. When we discussed this with them last year, the rep said they were trying to offer the lowest price on shipping by just charging actual cost. However, without a plan in place like Amazon, Newegg and even Walmart has along with others, RockAuto's shipping costs sometimes get out of hand.

I usually end up looking parts up on RockAuto and then use that part number to search on Amazon. Often Amazon will have the same part for the near the same price even though their parts application guide is terrible. And if you have Prime, the shipping is often free. This often makes them cheaper than RockAuto for the same stuff. Walmart can sometimes be the same way. But Walmart's website is more wonky. All that said, I do usually go to RockAuto first since I like the company and want to support them. And of course, if the RockAuto price with shipping is near the others, I'll buy it there. But I won't pay way more for shipping than other's charge just because RockAuto can't seem to get this figured out.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 21 Mar 2018 at 10:41 pm.
Old 23 Mar 2018, 12:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotToGo View Post
Register with RA and you will always have a code listed under My Account.
Thank you! I was not aware.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 07:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

You can find the code here on the forum directly from Rock Auto. They update it every few months. They post in the Vendor forum. Here is their latest post with the code. This one is about to expire. Usually they post the new one right away when it does.

RockAuto.com Discount Code for Parts & More - Expires April 9, 2018