• 4 Post By daydreamer311
  • 1 Post By JDK52
  • 1 Post By vermontpetey
  • 1 Post By daydreamer311

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2018, 08:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Goodbye PT

Well after 8 years of ownership, I no longer have my PT cruiser. What was once a car I loved and took pride in had turned into a trash can with wheels. It started two years ago and hasn't stopped. You name it, I've had to have it fixed aside from engine and transmission. Fuel pump twice to be exact:/ This past year alone I have spent almost 3 grand. The past month was 1000 of it, only to have it fail inspection and needing another $700 worth of work to pass. And another 1500 to have it completely fixed all the way around (from what i knew was still wrong with it) I just couldn't do it anymore. Sad because my car just hit 90,000 miles. And even with all the money i put into it this year I only got a whopping 800 dollars for it in trade. But any who, the reason I'm telling you all this is I wanted to thank every one on here. This forum was a godsend these past 8 years and what a nice community of people! I didn't post a whole lot, but I was always lurking and reading info lol. I will say this, i loved my car for many many years! I went a long time without having any issues at all and doing just regular maintenance. But when the problems started, boy did they start! I'm excited for my new car and it is definitely the fanciest one Ive ever owned, but it lacks the forum support that the PT community has. I hope you guys keep the PT alive and continue doing what you are doing. Ive had this running joke for years that whenever I drive by another person in a PT I always honk and wave like I know them. I have no plans whats so ever on stopping.So if you ever come across a chick in a blue nissan honking and waving know its me! lmao
Old 29 Mar 2018, 04:21 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Goodbye PT

Even the best vitality cannot exceed decay - EmilyDickinson

Knowing when to move on is a good thing.

Best of luck with your new ride.
daydreamer311 likes this.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 11:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer311 View Post
Well after 8 years of ownership, I no longer have my PT cruiser. What was once a car I loved and took pride in had turned into a trash can with wheels. It started two years ago and hasn't stopped. You name it, I've had to have it fixed aside from engine and transmission. Fuel pump twice to be exact:/ This past year alone I have spent almost 3 grand. The past month was 1000 of it, only to have it fail inspection and needing another $700 worth of work to pass. And another 1500 to have it completely fixed all the way around (from what i knew was still wrong with it) I just couldn't do it anymore. Sad because my car just hit 90,000 miles. And even with all the money i put into it this year I only got a whopping 800 dollars for it in trade. But any who, the reason I'm telling you all this is I wanted to thank every one on here. This forum was a godsend these past 8 years and what a nice community of people! I didn't post a whole lot, but I was always lurking and reading info lol. I will say this, i loved my car for many many years! I went a long time without having any issues at all and doing just regular maintenance. But when the problems started, boy did they start! I'm excited for my new car and it is definitely the fanciest one Ive ever owned, but it lacks the forum support that the PT community has. I hope you guys keep the PT alive and continue doing what you are doing. Ive had this running joke for years that whenever I drive by another person in a PT I always honk and wave like I know them. I have no plans whats so ever on stopping.So if you ever come across a chick in a blue nissan honking and waving know its me! lmao
It's hard to say goodbye - I know!!!
daydreamer311 likes this.
Old 01 Apr 2018, 09:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you
Handy_Cruiser likes this.