Like Tree11Likes
  • 8 Post By smittey5656
  • 2 Post By smittey5656
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 May 2018, 04:12 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Another end of an era

The bond between me and my cruiser is quickly coming to an end. This has been a fun car to own and drive for the last 6 almost 7 years now. I just can't afford the repairs and preventative on this car like I would like to anymore. We have been through a lot together and I hate to part ways with it but I just can't do it anymore. I am trading it in on something more reliable and dependable so I don't have to worry about it breaking down so much. I would also like to thank everyone for their advice over the years I have been here and still will continue to occasionally stalk the site.

2007 Base model in Cool Vanilla 145,000+ miles
My mods: LED headlights and a K&N Intake
Old 09 May 2018, 01:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Another end of an era

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittey5656 View Post
The bond between me and my cruiser is quickly coming to an end. This has been a fun car to own and drive for the last 6 almost 7 years now. I just can't afford the repairs and preventative on this car like I would like to anymore. We have been through a lot together and I hate to part ways with it but I just can't do it anymore. I am trading it in on something more reliable and dependable so I don't have to worry about it breaking down so much. I would also like to thank everyone for their advice over the years I have been here and still will continue to occasionally stalk the site.
You ought to consider sticking around, staying active and joining in on all the fun and controversy. Besides PT owners, this forum is for PT enthusiasts and becoming that way more everyday. And we need good guys like you here.
Old 09 May 2018, 05:06 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
You ought to consider sticking around, staying active and joining in on all the fun and controversy. Besides PT owners, this forum is for PT enthusiasts and becoming that way more everyday. And we need good guys like you here.
Like I said, I plan on sticking around for awhile. I just won't be on or around as much as i used to be

2007 Base model in Cool Vanilla 145,000+ miles
My mods: LED headlights and a K&N Intake
Old 09 May 2018, 07:29 pm
Banned

The PT can be one of those things that once it's no longer economically feasible to maintain it, to cut your losses and move on to something else.

But the same can be said with any vehicle, they all require some maintenance.

I like my PT, it's never been in an accident, something that I can't say about any of the other dozen or so new cars that I have owned over the years. All of the others had been in an accident, at one time, or another and never caused by me. But once in an accident, a car is never the same, so I got rid of them.

I have never bought a used vehicle, always new, because I've been afraid of getting someone else's problems.

Also, my PT is paid for and no monthly payment.

One advantage to a newer vehicle is repairs should be much less as it will have a factory warranty. But also with that peace of mind is a monthly payment and eventually the factory warranty will expire.
Carnut likes this.