PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 PT P0882, P0700 Non Turbo Recommended Trouble Shooting Sequence?

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2018, 11:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT P0882, P0700 Non Turbo Recommended Trouble Shooting Sequence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfent View Post
So I have rechecked the grounds, voltages, checked the ignition switch wires/connector just in case, and the fused ignition power at the two pins on the PCM connector while the P1603 problem was active, and all else was good, so I am going to try a used, reprogrammed, PCM and see if that solves it. Got one locally and am going to have the repro done this week.
Thanks for keeping us posted.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 01:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT P0882, P0700 Non Turbo Recommended Trouble Shooting Sequence?

Well here is the resolution. So far, so good.
Thanks to all for all the help.

Two+ days after a used PCM replacement, all my problems are gone. No codes, pending or fixed, have shown up, no immobilizer warning light, no display gremlins, no com port communication errors, and all the IM monitors are complete and stable.
It was instantly fixed, as soon as the new PCM was connected, everything seemed to be cleared and has stayed that way. The only initial concern was an SRS (Air Bag) warning light that stayed on while running and persisted through a few starts, but that cleared on its own after a while, and is operating normally now. Still early, but my gut feeling is that this is solved for good. Unless of course the damage to the PCM was caused by a short somewhere and will fry the replacement too. At least if so, this used PCM was not too expensive.

One helpful hint, I found that using my scanners live data function to see if and when a pending trouble code was set and under what operating conditions was very helpful in trying to diagnose these intermittent problems.
I would actually often drive around with it plugged in and on the dash to get a real time warning that the problem(s) were cropping up.
rckstein likes this.

Last edited by pjfent; 21 Jun 2018 at 02:02 am.
Old 27 Jun 2018, 02:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 PT P1603, U0101, P0882, P0700 Non Turbo Recommended Trouble Shooting Sequence?

Here is the location of the Fused ignition switch output pins on the black (far left) PCM plug, if anyone is having a P1603 code and has eliminated, grounds, battery/alternator voltages, and start battery load, as possible causes.

Another helpful hint: I noticed after the fact that one of my scanners actually shows the current PCM voltage in the live data. If you have one that does this too, buried in the list of parameters, it can save you a lot of diagnosis time.

So far no further issues with mine since the PCM replacement. All is good, and actually enjoying the car finally.