Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 Cooling Fan Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2018, 05:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 Cooling Fan Question

I'm trying to locate an aftermarket cooling fan assy for my 07. It has the 2 relays on the side of the fan, and a 3-prong power connector. All I can find are either 3-prong with no relays, or 4-prong with relays. Has anyone run in to this problem before? Is the proper fan assy only available at the dealer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 21 May 2018, 05:53 pm
Banned

Default Re: 2007 Cooling Fan Question

Welcome to the forum

Are you the original owner or did you buy it used? If not the original owner, it's possible that a previous owner did a fan mod.

If I were you, I would call a local dealership and using the VIN to your PT, they can tell you what your PT should actually have.

My PT has a 4-pin power connector to the main harness.

When you get a chance, please go to Welcome New PT Cruiser Members - PT Cruiser Forum and create an intro thread.
Old 21 May 2018, 06:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks rckstein...I will certainly take your advice! I'm not the original owner, and I can't imagine why someone would change it! Any idea how to convert a 3-pin to a 4-pin should it be necessary for me to do that. And am I correct that the relays for my 07 should be next to the fan, and not in the under hood fuse box?
Old 21 May 2018, 06:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Can you post the date of manufacture of your Pt Cruiser that is on the driver's side door?
Old 21 May 2018, 06:26 pm
Banned

What model of PT do you have, and what engine and transmission?
Old 21 May 2018, 07:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Its what I believe is a base model...it has the chrome wheels, but otherwise a base model wagon, automatic, not turbo. I'll post it's production date when I get home in an hour or 2! I've only owned it a few months, and it's been a great car. I remember when they first came out, and I always wanted one! I just turned 60, and am really enjoying it! Thanks for the help...I really appreciate it!
Old 21 May 2018, 07:13 pm
Banned

When you call the dealership, you can get the part number of the OEM fan assembly, then you can search online for an equivalent after-market fan.
Old 21 May 2018, 07:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I went to the dealer today. The counter guy was about my age, and quoted a price of $374. Since I'm having a hard time getting what I think is the proper fan, I'd buy it from the dealer. I asked him if it had the 3-prong and 2 relays. He said his books don't give a description, but did say that at one time they sold many of these because, if he remembers correctly, this one wasn't availible after market, but he's not sure if the 3-prong, 2 relay was the reason why. I looked online at places that sell overstock Chrysler parts, but can't tell by the pictures if they're 3 or 4 pin connectors. I've looked thru all the cooling fan posts here and can't find anyone who has mentioned having this same problem. Very confusing!
Old 21 May 2018, 07:54 pm
Banned

Have you bought the fan already from the dealership?

If not, just get the part number from them and then shop online for the same part, you can most likely find it cheaper online for the same OEM part.

That's what I do when I want OEM parts, Amazon is usually my first shopping choice.
Old 21 May 2018, 08:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean1957 View Post
I went to the dealer today. The counter guy was about my age, and quoted a price of $374. Since I'm having a hard time getting what I think is the proper fan, I'd buy it from the dealer. I asked him if it had the 3-prong and 2 relays. He said his books don't give a description, but did say that at one time they sold many of these because, if he remembers correctly, this one wasn't availible after market, but he's not sure if the 3-prong, 2 relay was the reason why. I looked online at places that sell overstock Chrysler parts, but can't tell by the pictures if they're 3 or 4 pin connectors. I've looked thru all the cooling fan posts here and can't find anyone who has mentioned having this same problem. Very confusing!
If I had a dealer tell me he doesn't know the details of the radiator fan I would run away from him as fast as I could. My radiator fan for my 2007 Pt Cruiser costed me $89.00 at RockAuto.com.

Is the color of your radiator fan power plug grey?

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 21 May 2018 at 08:52 pm.