Advertisements
Driver Side Window 2008 PT

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Vengence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2018, 07:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Driver Side Window 2008 PT

Well was tooling home this morning and finally pulled up to the house and after my trip my driver side Window wouldnít roll up. So, off to YouTube to see how to replace the window motor. I take it my switch isnít bad because the three other windows are all working fine. So, should I buy just the Motor? Or the Motor and Track Assembly? BTW...I see where some people say the window motor and regulator from the 2000-2005 PT will work on later models, is that true? Because the parts are a lot cheaper for the 2000-2006 then for 2007 and later models. Got the Dorman 751-797 (which is the motor and regulator) for $91.74 ordered it thru Amazon, but if there is a cheaper alternative Iím all ears. Thanks!

Take care - Jase
Old 01 Jun 2018, 08:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Driver Side Window 2008 PT

Pull it yourself junk yard

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Old 01 Jun 2018, 08:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well canceled the order with Amazon found the motor without the regulator for $57.43 with free shipping and a 10% off coupon (which dropped it to $51.69) from JC Whitney.

Would love to pull it myself but nearest salvage yard is 30-45 minutes away and I work nights, so I donít get to function like normal people on my vampire hours.
Old 02 Jun 2018, 04:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

I know this is an old thread, but I now have this same issue. All 3 windows work fine but drivers side does not. Did the window motor fix it?

However, when this issue first happened, Pulled into work, had the 2 front windows down, no windows would go up or down when pressing the switch. Then the passenger side went up and the driver side did not. Now, im stuck in the same position the OP is in. Driver side wont go up but the others now work fine. Is it a switch? Is it the Motor? or possibly a fuse? I have an 08 LX Model.
Old 03 Jun 2018, 06:50 am
Veteran Cruiser

It could be any of those things. It could also be a broken wire in the loom where the door opens and closes. Check all of those things before ordering something you may not need. Just to get the window back up, you could try running some jumper wires to it and see if you can get it to move. Of course, if the motor is burned out, that won't work either. If it's the switch, then jumper wires should move it.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 03 Jun 2018, 01:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well, i dont think its a wire. I held the switch in both positions and shut the door. No change. I also smell burned something by the switch. So the switch for my window may have burned out. Or the wiring did. And when i click my window, things flicker.
Old 03 Jun 2018, 02:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengence View Post
Well, i dont think its a wire. I held the switch in both positions and shut the door. No change. I also smell burned something by the switch. So the switch for my window may have burned out. Or the wiring did. And when i click my window, things flicker.
The wiring behind the switch might be shorting out. Recommend getting behind the switch and see if the wires came loose and shorting out or the switch might be shorting out putting heavy current on the wires behind the switch. Good luck.
Old 03 Jun 2018, 02:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ill be looking into that hopefully later on today.

That may be the case as i had to go into that area bot too long afo because of my vent switch cable. Maybe something came loose then? Guess ill find out soon.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 03:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had a broken wire close to the window motor that I fixed last year...still working! Take door panel off yet?
Old 23 Jun 2018, 02:40 am
Cool Cruiser

It was the wiring in the door. Pain in the ass to do but got it fixed and was careful with the cover behind the door panel. Stuck right back together after i fixed the wiring and all is good.