PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2002 Overheating problem, after changing the thermostat.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2018, 05:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Overheating problem, after changing the thermostat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Steve,

There is a difference in a pressure test and a chemical test for combustion gas in the coolant. It's important to note that.

Many times here we read about PT engines passing a pressure test but still have a failed head gasket. Sure, the pressure test is great to try first. But if the engine passes that test, it could still have a failed head gasket. As far as the chemical test goes, there's either combustion gas in the coolant or there is not.

I'm always ready and happy to explain any of this by PM if you have questions. But I urge you to stay focused on the person needing help in these threads and less on me and my responses. If my posts bother or puzzle you, you can always just not read them. Good fences make good neighbors, as they say.
Handy, I am shocked you think testing for blown head gasket only involves engine coolant pressure test.