Side panel/skirt removal on 08

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vengence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 2018, 11:08 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Side panel/skirt removal on 08

Hey everyone,

I looked on google to no success on how to remove the side panel/side skirts on a 2008 or Gen 2 PT. I found a junked Gen 2 i plan on taking the front and rear bumber off for my pt because front of mine has sun damage and i can get them for 100 per bumper. But i also want the side skirt as well because tye bumpers are black and i am going for a red/black two tone scheme on my pt. I just need to know how to remove the side skirt/side panels to get the black ones to match the bumpers. Anyone know how to do this?
Old 19 Jun 2018, 11:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Side panel/skirt removal on 08

If you are talking about the rocker panel under the doors, that is part of the body and is not something that you can remove. If you want that black, grab the spray paint and go to it.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 19 Jun 2018, 11:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

There are both factory and aftermarket side skirts. Most are held on with 2-sided tape and some bolts at the wheels wells. Here's the one's on my PT. Is this what you talking about?

Old 19 Jun 2018, 12:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Handy,

Yes, the skirt/panel on the bottom and the part the kind of sticks out along the side just below the door. I marked the 2 parts in the pic provided. It's your car just with the marks I added. If I can get one or the other, that'd be cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PTVert29April2018_01.jpg (59.5 KB, 17 views)
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 01:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

First look beneath the car and remove any brackets.

Next, go to each wheel well and remove any screws. Mine have screws holding the skirts in the front but not in the back.

After all the brackets and screws are out, take some heavy fishing line and use it to "saw" the tape apart. Just get the line started behind the skirt on one end and then pull it up and down as you work it down the skirt. This line breaks quite often so you will use a lot.

Once you have gotten about a foot or more of the skirt loose, put some kind of block between the skirt and the car body. Gently holding the skirt out like this with the block helps make the job easier with the fishing line.