PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 4 switch window control unit. R they all the same? R door jamb switches same?

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2018, 11:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default 2006 4 switch window control unit. R they all the same? R door jamb switches same?

My brother Scott needs to replace the four switch dash window unit and the passenger door jamb switch on his 2006 PT Cruiser Convertible. Are both switch units compatible between the late model convertible and four door hatch back?
I headin' to the salvage yard later this morning to find them for him. May not luck out and find a later PT Convertible but there's lots of later model PT four door hatch backs in the yard. Please advise.

Thanks, Happy PTin', ptprice

2011-02-06_220259_129088.jpg
four switch dash. . . . . . . . . . .door jamb switch.
window unit.
window switch unit.jpg. . . . . . . . . . . . . . doorjambswitch.jpg
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 06 Oct 2018 at 07:04 am.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 12:00 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 4 switch window control unit. R they all the same? R door jamb switches same

This four lever window switch unit came out of a 2009 PT four door hatch back.
Is it compatible with my brother's 2006 PT Convertible? He didn't need the door jamb switch.
Please advise.

IMG_swit5chbarcode.jpg

IMG_switchback.jpgIMG_switchfront.jpg
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 01:15 pm
Banned

Default Re: 2006 4 switch window control unit. R they all the same? R door jamb switches same

IMO, you should call a dealership with that part # and ask them if it's compatible with a 'vert, they should be able to tell you with certainty.
ptprice likes this.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 02:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
IMO, you should call a dealership with that part # and ask them if it's compatible with a 'vert, they should be able to tell you with certainty.
From the 2006 parts catalog it lists a different part number for the 2006 convertible than the 2006 4 door sedan.
Part number is 04602701 AB - SWITCH, 5 Gang for the 2006 convertible. Make sure you verify the part number. They might have updated that part number.
As Rckstein posted check with the dealership.
rckstein and ptprice like this.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 06 Oct 2018 at 02:21 pm.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[QUOTE=ptprice;695111]

2009 4 Door Hatchback Switch.jpg

04602698 AB is for a hatchback 4 door in the 2006 parts catalog. they probably updated it to AE from AB for the year 2009.

As Rckstein posted check with the dealership. There probably is a reason for it having different part numbers.
rckstein likes this.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 06 Oct 2018 at 02:44 pm.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 06:52 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
From the 2006 parts catalog it lists a different part number for the 2006 convertible than the 2006 4 door sedan.
Part number is 04602701 AB - SWITCH, 5 Gang for the 2006 convertible. Make sure you verify the part number. They might have updated that part number.
As Rckstein posted check with the dealership.
Do you know why there's a difference?
Old 06 Oct 2018, 07:06 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
This four lever window switch unit came out of a 2009 PT four door hatch back.
Is it compatible with my brother's 2006 PT Convertible? He didn't need the door jamb switch.
Please advise.

The switch that you got won't work on a 'vert.

I base that conclusion on this:

I used a website to get the VIN of an '06 'vert. Then using another website that searches parts by VIN, the switch that you got is only for the sedan:

This is the part number that you need for a 'vert:

ptprice likes this.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 07:09 pm
Banned

Quote:
I have been through several switches on my PT. I bought a couple of used ones on Ebay but the green indicator lights keep burning out. The original switch has longer toggles than the later or newest switches available.

However, the last time I bought one, I bought a new one and it was the newest part number available, and it has the short toggles. I prefer the longer toggles, that's why I kept buying used switches off Ebay, but I've gotten used to the short ones now.

From the looks of the switch that you got, it has the short toggles.

This is a pic of a couple of switches that I have:

An older switch (long toggles) on the left, a newer switch (short toggles) on the right:

Last edited by rckstein; 06 Oct 2018 at 07:26 pm.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 07:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I have an 2007 Pt Cruiser and an 2008 Hatchback and what I found was that the convertible has on the middle switch that says "All Down" when you push down on it and on the hatchback it has a sign of a large "X". I would have to get back with you as I am making repairs on that one and don't have the battery hooked up right now to be able to check to see if it does bring down all four at the same time on the hatchback. Maybe RckStein can check it on his hatchback Pt Cruiser.
Old 06 Oct 2018, 07:25 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
I have an 2007 Pt Cruiser and an 2008 Hatchback and what I found was that the convertible has on the middle switch that says "All Down" when you push down on it and on the hatchback it has a sign of a large "X". I would have to get back with you as I am making repairs on that one and don't have the battery hooked up right now to be able to check to see if it does bring down all four at the same time on the hatchback. Maybe RckStein can check it on his hatchback Pt Cruiser.
On a sedan, the center switch on the 5-gang dash switch, disables the window switches on the rear of the console, so that the back seat passengers (children, etc.) can't roll down the rear windows. But the rear windows can still be operated from the 5-gang dash switch, whether the center switch is in either position.