Advertisements
American PTs wont run on diesel fuel

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2_cruisers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2018, 04:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default American PTs wont run on diesel fuel

my wife stopped last monday for gas in her 05 GT convertible . she always buys super unleaded from the same gas station. but was almost home and noticed she needed gas. stopped at the shady station down the road and bought $30 worth of gas. pumped it her self. and drove home. tuesday morning she called me at work. her PT wont keep running, it starts and shuts off right away. i told her not to try and drive it ill look at it when i get home. i had to give it starting fluid to get it to start and run. and it was smoking out the exhaust like it was on fire. i was stumped ! took fuel pressure it was 60 LBs, thats perfect, checked the timing right on. i have the front of the timing belt cover off because im going the replace the belt over the winter. the gas i pumped out looked strange. we called the gas station and they told us the gas was good. i drove by the gas station wednesday morning. the pumps said no gas !!!!!. i called them wednesday afternoon and they told me they have good gas they are just out of gas. i asked for the manager because the gas is no good it looks like there is diesel fuel mixed in it. NOW i get the manager and she tells me the delivery guy put diesel in the unleaded tanks !!!! and they are going to pay for the repairs. to late i did it my self. now the young mechanic at the garage where the gas station is told my wife the delivery guy put diesel in all the gas tanks at both of their stations. and the owners knew it.......
my local dodge garage fixed 5 cars so far. and there are many more at different garages around the area with diesel fuel in the gas engines.

i just wish they did not lie to me the first time i called it would of saved me 3 days of scratching my head.