PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WILL THE GT CONVERTIBLE BE MOST COLLECTIBLE ?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GOLDNPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Nov 2018, 12:31 am
Regular Cruiser

Default WILL THE GT CONVERTIBLE BE MOST COLLECTIBLE ?

I have pondered this for some time now and wanted to ask fellow PT lovers what your opinion is : what PT will be the most collectible in the future?

My opinion is the GT vert will be simply based on low production numbers and the fun factor of a convertible. Now I know that convertibles are not for everyone but if history is any indication of what is to come for the PT than it would be a good bet that the PT GT vert will be high on the lists of future PT's to collect.

What do you think ?
Old 09 Nov 2018, 09:49 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: WILL THE GT CONVERTIBLE BE MOST COLLECTIBLE ?

I'll give you my opinion, and that's all it is an opinion.

I think the most desirable will be any of the Dream Cruisers. One of the DCs was a purple convertible, you'll love it! I'm not a convertible guy, but I do love their two doors and their silhouette with the top up. I think, though, that most of the people around here believe the DC 2 will be the most desirable, because of the color.

I do think the turbo models will be more desirable to the collector than the non turbo, just like a 383 would be more wanted than a 318.

Just my opinion!
Old 09 Nov 2018, 11:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I love the convertible PT Cruisers, and as far as normal production numbers it would be the rarest regular cruiser, but we all known the publics opinion on these cars, and the convertible is considered ugly by many, I'm not sure, I personally think the dream cruiser series 1 will be the most collectible

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Old 10 Nov 2018, 12:29 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3dgm View Post
I'll give you my opinion, and that's all it is an opinion.

I think the most desirable will be any of the Dream Cruisers. One of the DCs was a purple convertible, you'll love it! I'm not a convertible guy, but I do love their two doors and their silhouette with the top up. I think, though, that most of the people around here believe the DC 2 will be the most desirable, because of the color.

I do think the turbo models will be more desirable to the collector than the non turbo, just like a 383 would be more wanted than a 318.

Just my opinion!
I also really like the look of the vert with the top up. The vert really looks retro and since I have both a 4 door PT and a vert I can say that the vert gets the attention but the 4 door is a much more practical vehicle for every day use. I am still convinced that years from now a low mileage well kept vert will be high on the list for collectors.

When you take into account the very low production numbers and limited years of production on the verts I see the perfect recipe for a collectible PT. Not so sure that will be the case on the 4 door but I am sure as mentioned there will be some special edition 4 door PT's that will be sought after to some extent.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 05:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

the answer is no. and here's why. CHRYSLER! get it? get it? hahaha! im sorry, collectible pt just sounds weird, like rain activated lawn sprinklers.. or submarine screen doors... or helicopter ejection seats.. or a good walking dead show... or motorcycle seat belts... or gun control to cure psychotic people..

seriously, I think ours will be the most collectible as it is the only mclaren series pt cruiser on the planet...
Old 10 Nov 2018, 10:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambojoe View Post
the answer is no. and here's why. CHRYSLER! get it? get it? hahaha! im sorry, collectible pt just sounds weird, like rain activated lawn sprinklers.. or submarine screen doors... or helicopter ejection seats.. or a good walking dead show... or motorcycle seat belts... or gun control to cure psychotic people..

seriously, I think ours will be the most collectible as it is the only mclaren series pt cruiser on the planet...
So what do you mean by " CHRYSLER! get it? hahaha! When we are talking about a CHRYSLER car being collectible I would remind you of how many older CHRYSLER cars are collectible.

I think about a 1970 to 1976 Plymouth Duster for example that could not have been more unloved in the 80's and 90's. I remember seeing old Dusters parked next to homes and streets unwanted. Now I am seeing Dusters getting restored and a good deal of money getting dumped into them. Or how about older station wagons that could not have been more unwanted for years and now I am seeing them restored all the time.

To me when we are talking about a collectible automobile we are really saying a vehicle that someone is willing to purchase and put time and money into it years after it is produced to continue enjoying it. HAHAHA all you want but if a Duster is now being restored then why is it a stretch to think that the Chrysler PT will also be sought after years from now.

Do I think you are going to get rich buying PT Cruisers to sell years from now?, of course not but I can see 20 to 30 years from now very few PT's being around and even fewer well kept low mileage examples available. The PT convertible even less and the GT PT vert will be as scarce as a say a 1970 Barracuda convertible is now.
My02RedRide and dougs like this.