Advertisements
Splash guard

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2018, 07:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Splash guard

I am finishing up working on my 2001 PT Cruiser and notice I do not have a splash guard. It is the one that wraps under the engine on the passenger side, covering the belts. What part number is that? I have seen some cheap ones online, but most of the review are not very good (cheap, thin, flimsy). Is it worth saving the money for a cheap one, or can someone point to a better quality one? My local Chrysler dealership has them for $80
Old 16 Nov 2018, 07:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Splash guard

you know that pt 2 houses down from you? i'd yoink it off of that one... FREE! ok, im kidding... (but I know im not the only one who has thought about that, be it a quarter panel, rims, computer...)
Old 16 Nov 2018, 08:00 am
Veteran Cruiser

Salvage yards are full of PT's. I'd get one there. Probably about $5.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 16 Nov 2018, 08:10 am
Banned

ptprice replaced the one on his PT a few months ago.

He found the replacement online and it was thick heavy plastic at a very good price.

New engine splash shield for SOOO BIG
ptprice likes this.
Old 16 Nov 2018, 11:38 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
ptprice replaced the one on his PT a few months ago.

He found the replacement online and it was thick heavy plastic at a very good price.

New engine splash shield for SOOO BIG
I was pleased with the product. Seemed to be, contrary to some PT Guru warnings, as original. I took the chance as the price was only a total cost of $16.91 from Carparts.com 1-877-702-1308 Replacement Engine Splash Shield-Front Passenger Side-Lower REPC310119 (Accessory Drive/Pulley Splash Shield)It's serving SOOO BIG well. Don't leave home without one. Sort of a permanent under engine Depends.Ya got to get a little lower than this to see it though. Happy PTin', ptprice

a little lower.jpg
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.