PT Cruiser Rear Subwoofer

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rsrocket1
  • 1 Post By myckee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 2018, 09:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default PT Cruiser Rear Subwoofer

Can you still install this kit in a 2006 pt cruiser without an aftermarket head unit? One popped up in Toronto for $60, wondering if its worth the 2 hour trip. How hard is it to put in? I can turn wrenches but I am horrible at wiring and eletrical diagnosis.

would love to a nicer audio system, its weak in this car

https://image.prntscr.com/image/xNhL...Wu5n2nSFDg.png

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Old 01 Dec 2018, 11:26 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser Rear Subwoofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post
Can you still install this kit in a 2006 pt cruiser without an aftermarket head unit? One popped up in Toronto for $60, wondering if its worth the 2 hour trip. How hard is it to put in? I can turn wrenches but I am horrible at wiring and eletrical diagnosis.

Your link points to a 403 Forbidden message

I installed an ebay purchased factory subwoofer. It's pretty straight forward. You have to drill a few holes out. Just run he wires along the floor up to the rear of the factory head unit. No need to remove the rear seatbelt (I did and ended up with this fun result when I fiddled with the retracting spring).

Sinbad likes this.

Last edited by rsrocket1; 01 Dec 2018 at 11:33 am.
Old 03 Dec 2018, 10:36 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post

Yes, the factory sub came with a choice of wiring harness. One to use with the factory radio, and one to use with an aftermarket. The one with the factory radio has all of the factory connections, so it is almost plug and play. Have to connect one ground wire near the sub, and tap into the lighter power wire in the front. The rest of the harness just plugs in to the radio and into the factory harness plug.

So just get the seller to send you pictures of the harness so you can see if there are factory radio connectors on one end or not. Then you will know what you have.
rckstein likes this.
Old 03 Dec 2018, 11:46 am
Banned

I didn't have any issues with rear seatbelt. You do have to remove the rear driver side upper mounting bolt to get the rear quarter panel trim piece out to modify it for the speaker grille. But the installation went easy and with the correct harness is plug-n-play to the factory head. Sounds great, too