Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A Pillar cover retainer clip replacement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2019, 07:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default A Pillar cover retainer clip replacement

Got a question to pose to the forum. Have a 05 pt cruiser base model and had to do the instrument cluster light bulb swap and ran into a problem on the clips that hold the interior covers for the A pillars on. I was able to release the bottom clip, but the top clip bent over and broke at the 90 degree bend. I went to my local Chrysler dealer and they say the clip is not serviceable by itself and you have you buy a new A pillar cover. Are they serviceable and if so, where did you find them, part number, or did you come up with a what solution to bypass the dealership profiteering? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 08 Feb 2019, 02:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: A Pillar cover retainer clip replacement

Have you checked out a scrap yard for the part?
Can you post a photo of the A pillar cover and the clip?
Maybe you can Frankenstein a fix.
Old 08 Feb 2019, 09:23 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I did the same thing removing SOOO BIG's dash, I bent one. I just got a few replacements at our salvage yard. As per the previous PTer suggested. There was no charge. Give it a try.
Happy PTin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 08 Feb 2019, 09:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Yeah, that's a salvage yard part. Enjoy your visit, I always do. You never know what you'll find!
Old 09 Feb 2019, 02:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I did this a time or two also.
One time, it was the top clip, and I simply put a sheet metal screw into the A frame, and painted it match so it was no visible.

Sorry!
6 Cruisers, and I can't seem to find the picture of it.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 09 Feb 2019, 06:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I bet yeah it would be a dealer only part. Go to a scrapyard dealers will charge a lot for them. I needed the tail light clips and in the rust belt they snap off where the bolt goes through, I got the last two in Canada ordered through my local dealer for $13.5 each. Dealers suck for little things

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250