Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By circus
  • 1 Post By RickinPA
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2019, 11:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Turn signal problem

I have a 2003 PT Cruiser Limited. The passenger (right) side blinker (front and rear) does not work, even when using hazard flashers. Sometimes, when I turn the right turn signal on, the driving lights will come on. If I’m just changing lanes, the right turn signal will not work, but it will not cause the driving lights to come on either.

Both bulbs are good. Is there anything else I should check before changing the multi-function / turn signal switch?

Thanks,

Dan-O

2003 PT Cruiser “Woody” Limited 2.4 N/A, automatic transmission, bequeathed to me with 62,500 miles, rear splash guards, Mopar subwoofer, rear bumper guard
Old 28 Mar 2019, 06:06 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Turn signal problem

Check grounds. Often several circuits share a common ground. When the ground is poor, electricity can flow down one wire then back up another. Weird things then happen.
kirbo7106 likes this.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 06:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

I don't have anything to suggest, but I'll say the multifunction switch is a bit troublesome. The good news is they aren't too expensive and are easy to replace.

I've got an '01 PT (original owner) and am on my second replacement multifunction switch. It usually seems to be some issue that includes the fog lights.

If you search "multifunction" you'll get a lot of hits, including how to replace guides.

Good Luck.
kirbo7106 likes this.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 07:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would suggest checking the wires behind the light bulb sockets. Some members have had wires sheared off after pulling the light bulb sockets out a few times. Check both front and rear sockets.
kirbo7106 likes this.