Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Total Recall 04 Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2004, 05:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Total Recall 04 Cruiser

Well for those of you who thought I was a little, you know, crazy....I pick up my new Cruiser tomorrow. They custom built a new one including graphics package.

For those of you unfamiliar with my first post.....bought my Cruiser end of Feb 04. End of April 04 received a call from Dahlmer Chrysler saying they wanted my car back and would replace with a new one because it was shipped by barge in hurricane conditions in Sept 03 to the Port of Baltimore and there could be salt water damage.

Has anyone else had a total recall??? I wanted to buy my old one, but they said they can't resell it, they can't strip it for parts because of the salt water possibility. They are sending it to Houston and putting it in a compactor. They've already done it with 3 Chrysler's. So sad.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 07:47 pm
Senior Cruiser

Nice to hear you're getting a fresh car out of the deal, and I suppose it's nice to see DCX being so up front about it all. A truly shoddy company might have just crossed their fingers and hoped you didn't have any serious problems.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 09:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

I haven't heard of this recall, but hell I'll take another new 04 PT GT and have a new car with an odometer of 0 .
Old 19 Jul 2004, 09:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

How many miles did you get to put on it?? Kind of sad they compacted your car, but you got a brand-new one!!!

Old 19 Jul 2004, 09:56 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Congrats on your new Cruiser! [^] [8D] I also got my......almost a year ago and couldn't be happier with my replacement GT.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:01 am
Cool Cruiser

I too am impressed that DCX would do this. I hope your new ride makes you as happy as the first,SheilaAnn.

Now Gary, speaking of Total Recall, we here in California know all about recall, do you need an ex governer up there? Please!

Ha![?]
Jn
Old 20 Jul 2004, 08:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I can't recall what I had for dinner yesterday....
Old 20 Jul 2004, 09:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Only got to put 3,500 miles on it........but heck I'm just considering it a 5 month test drive. My new warranty picks up the day I pick up my car and I'm 5 months ahead on car payments. Not a bad deal.