PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Allpar Member With Questions

 
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ptal
  • 1 Post By chuzz
  • 1 Post By TaupeCruiser

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 Apr 2019, 10:42 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 4,801
Default Allpar Member With Questions

Dude on Allpar is asking questions about his PT that nobody seems able or willing to answer. Here they are.

So my 01 was built in 11/00 and its a Limited edition non turbo.
This car has somethings from the factory that seem like its contradictory to the 01.
1. My window switches on the dash have the rear controls as well, and they all work.
2. The front passenger seat had the storage bin rails, but no storage bin, it also had no arm rest.
3 .Engine had the beauty cover - which I heard somewhere that its a later addition.

I am not sure what else I should look for but these 3 seem like they are not "correct" for model and year.
__________________


Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Apr 2019, 10:52 am
Handy_Cruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,369
Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

I believe the first-batch 2001 PT's ended production in the fall of 2000. Some of those may have had the four-button window switch. The sconed-batch 2001 PT's often do have the four-button window switch.

The 2001 Limited edition should have come with the underseat drawer, but it falls off the track pretty easily. A previous owner likely left it out or broke it.

The engine cover is likely original. Most 2001 PT's have them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26 Apr 2019, 11:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 7,321
Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

I would check the manufacture date on the driver's side door and post what it says.
__________________
If at First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Apr 2019, 03:40 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 64
Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Dude on Allpar is asking questions about his PT that nobody seems able or willing to answer. Here they are.

So my 01 was built in 11/00 and its a Limited edition non turbo.
This car has somethings from the factory that seem like its contradictory to the 01.
1. My window switches on the dash have the rear controls as well, and they all work.
2. The front passenger seat had the storage bin rails, but no storage bin, it also had no arm rest.
3 .Engine had the beauty cover - which I heard somewhere that its a later addition.

I am not sure what else I should look for but these 3 seem like they are not "correct" for model and year.
I got my PT late summer '00, Touring model. It has the rear window switches on the dash. I added the passenger seat bin (it did not come with the car) - the rails were already there. The engine has the modesty cover. The arm on the passenger set was not there for the 2001's, it was added later.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2019, 10:26 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 4,801
Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. I will pass them along.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
__________________


Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2019, 04:55 pm
TaupeCruiser's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 73
Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

My 01 was built in July of 2000. No rear window switches up front, no bin (but has the rails), no passenger arm rest, and has the modesty cover.
__________________

2001 PT Cruiser | Touring Edition | 5 Speed Manual | Born On The 4th Of July, 2000
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2019, 08:58 pm
Handy_Cruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,369
Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaupeCruiser View Post
My ‘01 was built in July of 2000. No rear window switches up front, no bin (but has the rails), no passenger arm rest, and has the modesty cover.
That's a first-batch 2001 PT. Do you have rear seat headrest. And if you do, are they almost as large as the front ones? You likely also have the aluminum spare tire rim.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2019, 10:37 pm
TaupeCruiser's Avatar
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 73
Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
That's a first-batch 2001 PT. Do you have rear seat headrest. And if you do, are they almost as large as the front ones? You likely also have the aluminum spare tire rim.
I have the aluminum spare and rear seat headrests. They are about the same width and about 2/3's the height of the front.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
__________________

2001 PT Cruiser | Touring Edition | 5 Speed Manual | Born On The 4th Of July, 2000
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PT Lover on Allpar with Radio Problem chuzz General PT Cruiser Discussions 2 02 Feb 2019 08:33 am
Just Spotted This Ad on Allpar chuzz Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 0 18 Apr 2018 07:10 am
New Member with Maintenance Questions ChrisJane General PT Cruiser Discussions 2 19 Feb 2013 06:10 am
Allpar New Jersey Mopar Meet 2011 Chrysler1924 PT Cruiser Events 0 15 Aug 2011 08:58 am
New Member with Many Questions vipergts General Turbo Discussions 45 13 Sep 2010 05:15 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors