Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ptal
  • 1 Post By chuzz
  • 1 Post By TaupeCruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2019, 10:42 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Allpar Member With Questions

Dude on Allpar is asking questions about his PT that nobody seems able or willing to answer. Here they are.

So my 01 was built in 11/00 and its a Limited edition non turbo.
This car has somethings from the factory that seem like its contradictory to the 01.
1. My window switches on the dash have the rear controls as well, and they all work.
2. The front passenger seat had the storage bin rails, but no storage bin, it also had no arm rest.
3 .Engine had the beauty cover - which I heard somewhere that its a later addition.

I am not sure what else I should look for but these 3 seem like they are not "correct" for model and year.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 26 Apr 2019, 10:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Allpar Member With Questions

I believe the first-batch 2001 PT's ended production in the fall of 2000. Some of those may have had the four-button window switch. The sconed-batch 2001 PT's often do have the four-button window switch.

The 2001 Limited edition should have come with the underseat drawer, but it falls off the track pretty easily. A previous owner likely left it out or broke it.

The engine cover is likely original. Most 2001 PT's have them.
Old 26 Apr 2019, 11:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I would check the manufacture date on the driver's side door and post what it says.
Old 26 Apr 2019, 03:40 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Dude on Allpar is asking questions about his PT that nobody seems able or willing to answer. Here they are.

So my 01 was built in 11/00 and its a Limited edition non turbo.
This car has somethings from the factory that seem like its contradictory to the 01.
1. My window switches on the dash have the rear controls as well, and they all work.
2. The front passenger seat had the storage bin rails, but no storage bin, it also had no arm rest.
3 .Engine had the beauty cover - which I heard somewhere that its a later addition.

I am not sure what else I should look for but these 3 seem like they are not "correct" for model and year.
I got my PT late summer '00, Touring model. It has the rear window switches on the dash. I added the passenger seat bin (it did not come with the car) - the rails were already there. The engine has the modesty cover. The arm on the passenger set was not there for the 2001's, it was added later.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 10:26 am
Veteran Cruiser

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. I will pass them along.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 04:55 pm
Young Cruiser

My 01 was built in July of 2000. No rear window switches up front, no bin (but has the rails), no passenger arm rest, and has the modesty cover.

2001 PT Cruiser | Touring Edition | 5 Speed Manual | Born On The 4th Of July, 2000
Old 27 Apr 2019, 08:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaupeCruiser View Post
My ‘01 was built in July of 2000. No rear window switches up front, no bin (but has the rails), no passenger arm rest, and has the modesty cover.
That's a first-batch 2001 PT. Do you have rear seat headrest. And if you do, are they almost as large as the front ones? You likely also have the aluminum spare tire rim.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 10:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
That's a first-batch 2001 PT. Do you have rear seat headrest. And if you do, are they almost as large as the front ones? You likely also have the aluminum spare tire rim.
I have the aluminum spare and rear seat headrests. They are about the same width and about 2/3's the height of the front.

2001 PT Cruiser | Touring Edition | 5 Speed Manual | Born On The 4th Of July, 2000