PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New clutch making noise when engaged

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2019, 11:27 am
Cool Cruiser

Default New clutch making noise when engaged

I recently had my transmission worked on. A new clutch and flywheel is installed. Now when I push the clutch in it makes a whining noise similar to the noise power steering makes sometimes. Any ideas?
2007 PT Cruiser GT 5-speed 17x8 Konig Inception wheels K&N style intake auto throttle body Spec D tail lights Blow off plate 10.2mm plug wires Cat-Back "DNA Motoring" exhaust w/ Thrush glasspack "blacked out" DIY ground effects added boost gauge (in place of analog clock)
Old 30 Apr 2019, 12:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: New clutch making noise when engaged

Bad throwout bearing? Should have a new one with the clutch replacement.
LionPT likes this.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 01:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMouse View Post
Bad throwout bearing? Should have a new one with the clutch replacement.
Don't think he changed that. The clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and pressure plate was changed. Like I said, the sound is very much like when you move the steering wheel to turn and it makes that whine noise. It's not loud at all and the clutch seems to be pretty normal feeling? Anyone have the part # (mopar etc) for a 2007 PT GT throw out bearing? I found these on Rock Auto but don't know if they are right https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...e+bearing,1968 or this one? https://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/...ing/209605_0_0
2007 PT Cruiser GT 5-speed 17x8 Konig Inception wheels K&N style intake auto throttle body Spec D tail lights Blow off plate 10.2mm plug wires Cat-Back "DNA Motoring" exhaust w/ Thrush glasspack "blacked out" DIY ground effects added boost gauge (in place of analog clock)

Last edited by shelbyzman; 30 Apr 2019 at 01:27 pm.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 04:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

My cousin is saying that the bearing is built into the slave cylinder which was changed. Is that right?
Old 30 Apr 2019, 05:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

After investigating it some more, I got under where the pedal is and it almost sounds like it's the rubber part on the inside of the firewall that is making the noise.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 08:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Here is the part I'm talking about that is making noise. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch.jpg (48.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 01 May 2019, 07:11 am
Veteran Cruiser

I'd try spraying some silicone lube on that rod that goes through the rubber grommet and the pivot point. And I've NEVER heard of a bearing being built into a slave cylinder, but I'm not that smart, so what do I know? Did your cousin change the pilot bearing in the end of the crankshaft? As I understand throwout bearings, they're usually attached to a "fork".

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 01 May 2019, 08:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
I'd try spraying some silicone lube on that rod that goes through the rubber grommet and the pivot point. And I've NEVER heard of a bearing being built into a slave cylinder, but I'm not that smart, so what do I know? Did your cousin change the pilot bearing in the end of the crankshaft? As I understand throwout bearings, they're usually attached to a "fork".
I'm not sure if he changed the pilot bearing or not. I'm just hoping it is the rubber grommet that is all that is going on.
Old 01 May 2019, 08:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyzman View Post
I'm just hoping it is the rubber grommet that is all that is going on.
Nonsense. Beyond that I can't help.
Old 01 May 2019, 08:54 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus View Post
Nonsense. Beyond that I can't help.
You mean about the throw out bearing?