Advertisements
Engine Light On - P0113 Code

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2019, 08:19 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Engine Light On - P0113 Code

I painted the center bezel in my car over the weekend. I disconnected the battery since I was going to remove the bezel. When I hooked the batter back up, my check engine light came on. The code is P0113...Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor, specifically that there is a High Input Problem with it. What are somethings I should try? It seems to be idling the same and doesn't run bad.
2007 PT Cruiser GT 5-speed 17x8 Konig Inception wheels K&N style intake auto throttle body Spec D tail lights Blow off plate 10.2mm plug wires Cat-Back "DNA Motoring" exhaust w/ Thrush glasspack "blacked out" DIY ground effects added boost gauge (in place of analog clock)
Old 20 May 2019, 09:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Engine Light On - P0113 Code

Have you tried resetting the code with an OBDII Scan Tool to see if it comes back?
NitroPT likes this.
Old 20 May 2019, 09:54 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Have you tried resetting the code with an OBDII Scan Tool to see if it comes back?
No, if I had one I would though. Just ordered one
2007 PT Cruiser GT 5-speed 17x8 Konig Inception wheels K&N style intake auto throttle body Spec D tail lights Blow off plate 10.2mm plug wires Cat-Back "DNA Motoring" exhaust w/ Thrush glasspack "blacked out" DIY ground effects added boost gauge (in place of analog clock)

Last edited by shelbyzman; 20 May 2019 at 10:11 am.
Old 21 May 2019, 08:32 am
Cool Cruiser

After a few drives in the PT, the code has gone away
Old 21 May 2019, 12:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyzman View Post
After a few drives in the PT, the code has gone away
On OBDII ECU controlled engines it is not uncommon when disconnecting the battery for a while to get an engine light only to have cycled the engine one time and it turn off. Once the monitors have found no reall problem they will be in ready state and there will be no engine codes or trouble light.

Disconnecting a battery will not re-set the engine code but in most vehicles turn off the dash warning light for a cycle or more and will not come back on if there was no real problem.

If there is a problem and you turned off the light the best way to see if a problem exists is to check the monitors. They will hold the trouble information until it is resolved.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 21 May 2019, 02:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
On OBDII ECU controlled engines it is not uncommon when disconnecting the battery for a while to get an engine light only to have cycled the engine one time and it turn off. Once the monitors have found no reall problem they will be in ready state and there will be no engine codes or trouble light.

Disconnecting a battery will not re-set the engine code but in most vehicles turn off the dash warning light for a cycle or more and will not come back on if there was no real problem.

If there is a problem and you turned off the light the best way to see if a problem exists is to check the monitors. They will hold the trouble information until it is resolved.
Good to know