PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sad day

 
Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2019, 08:56 pm
ajhockey3's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 601
Default Sad day

I regret to inform you all that I will be getting rid of my PT Cruiser. Here are some of its problems.

Oil soaked timing belt
leaking front main seal, rear main and oil pan gasket.
torn CV shaft
small evap leak check engine light, MAF check engine light.
rust on rear quarters
damaged radiator support/frame damage (from recent accident)
driver side front wheel bearing needs replaced.
bad airbag impact sensor/ airbag light.

I love my PT Cruiser but its time for it to go, I am trading it in. If there is any parts you may want that do not effect drivability let me know you can have them. I love the memories with my pt (It was my first car) and I will never forget it. I will still check in from time to time on the forum, Thanks for all the advice you gave a stupid 17 year old changing a timing belt in there parents garage, I love all of you guys!
dougs likes this.
__________________

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2019, 01:50 am
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 67
Default Re: Sad day

Sad news, indeed. What car are you planning to get?
ajhockey3 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2019, 05:44 am
ajhockey3's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 601
Default Re: Sad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyle View Post
Sad news, indeed. What car are you planning to get?
I got a 2013 kia rio
__________________

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2019, 05:57 am
RickinPA's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: southeastern PA
Posts: 309
Default Re: Sad day

Changing a timing belt is rising to a challenge. For a 17 year old, good job.
Good luck with your new car.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2019, 11:11 am
Handy_Cruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,369
Default Re: Sad day

Yep. Sounds like you PT's engine has the dreaded "half-thrust washer issue along with the other problems. The rusty quarter panel would kind of seal the deal for me as well. This was a good time to move on to another ride.

Of course, you are welcome to keep posting on this forum. It's not just for PT owners but for PT enthusiast too. And you have definitely shown yourself to one of those.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2019, 12:52 pm
NitroPT's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA kalyfornia
Posts: 15,755
Default Re: Sad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post

Of course, you are welcome to keep posting on this forum. It's not just for PT owners but for PT enthusiast too. And you have definitely shown yourself to one of those.



ditto!

__________________
To view larger pictures simply "click " on the picture!

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 30 Jun 2019, 06:41 pm
ajhockey3's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 601
Default Re: Sad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Yep. Sounds like you PT's engine has the dreaded "half-thrust washer issue along with the other problems. The rusty quarter panel would kind of seal the deal for me as well. This was a good time to move on to another ride.

Of course, you are welcome to keep posting on this forum. It's not just for PT owners but for PT enthusiast too. And you have definitely shown yourself to one of those.
Thankyou!

When I am older and have my own place, I plan on buying another PT (hopefully a convertible) something really clean. If everything goes to plan I will have my mechanics license in 3 years so maybe I can start looking around then?


I got $300 on trade for the pt and I only paid $250 for it, small victories
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
__________________

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jul 2019, 07:19 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 4,801
Default Re: Sad day

I have a Kia Forte, AJ. I bought it brand new on July 5, 2017. I currently have 74,600 trouble free miles on it. I think you'll like your Kia. I miss my PT GT and would still like to find a nice convertible one day too. Stay on the forum and keep us posted on your career moves. You're a smart young man who seems to know what he wants to do for a career. I think you'll do well.
__________________


Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jul 2019, 08:35 am
Fk5 Fk5 is offline
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colesville, MD
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: Sad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey3 View Post
Thankyou!

When I am older and have my own place, I plan on buying another PT (hopefully a convertible) something really clean. If everything goes to plan I will have my mechanics license in 3 years so maybe I can start looking around then?


I got $300 on trade for the pt and I only paid $250 for it, small victories
Cool.

Stick around and best of luck with the career and the Kia.

Don't wait too long to buy. Convertibles are pretty cheap now. If you keep your eyes open over the next 5-10 years you will find what you want reasonably priced. I bought a running '74 Barracuda for $100 in 1982. Try doing that now! I thing the '03s are kind of bottomed out now and I would expect the 2nd gens to follow soon. They aren't likely to skyrocket in price, bu this is the prime time for availability and low price
__________________
2003 GT 5 speed
162,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jul 2019, 08:48 am
ajhockey3's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 601
Default Re: Sad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
Cool.

Stick around and best of luck with the career and the Kia.

Don't wait too long to buy. Convertibles are pretty cheap now. If you keep your eyes open over the next 5-10 years you will find what you want reasonably priced. I bought a running '74 Barracuda for $100 in 1982. Try doing that now! I thing the '03s are kind of bottomed out now and I would expect the 2nd gens to follow soon. They aren't likely to skyrocket in price, bu this is the prime time for availability and low price
I prefer the 2nd gen pt, my dream PT would be a red 2006-2008 convertible, GT. Not sure what transmisson I would want quiet yet, I have only driven automatics, my kia is a manual and will be my first manual. I hope to buy one within a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
I have a Kia Forte, AJ. I bought it brand new on July 5, 2017. I currently have 74,600 trouble free miles on it. I think you'll like your Kia. I miss my PT GT and would still like to find a nice convertible one day too. Stay on the forum and keep us posted on your career moves. You're a smart young man who seems to know what he wants to do for a career. I think you'll do well.
Are you happy with the kia? Mine has 65,000KM and is a 6 speed manual, it will be my first manual car
Fk5 likes this.
__________________

2006 PT Cruiser Base 2.4L NA $250
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors