Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
One setp forwards one back...can't fill tank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jun 2019, 09:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default One setp forwards one back...can't fill tank

Ok, in order to resolve two issues I pulled the tank today. The job was to replace the gas tank sending unit that had failed. Mission accomplished, gas gauge works!

Second issue was to fix a re-occurring P0440, P0441 code. I replaced the NVLD asm. All OEM, new parts were used. So far no code..(might be too soon to declare that one fixed) BUT........

Went to the gas station and now it is suddenly a problem fueling the car! The pump keeps shutting off and I can hear the gas climbing the filler tube. Even trying to go slow or putting the fuel nozzle at different orientations doesn't help.

Rechecked all my work, no pinched lines, nothing loose or twisted. Yet still the problem exists. No new codes..(yet)

WTH!

I guess my question is, could I have a defective NVLD? Or did moving the tank around perhaps cause the rollover protection valve to freeze up?

All suggestions as to how to proceed appreciated...