Advertisements
Finding Small Auto Parts Made Easy - MINI BULB SOCKETS

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By soonercruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2019, 08:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Finding Small Auto Parts Made Easy - MINI BULB SOCKETS

With all the posts on here and Facebook Page posts about "How do I find this part"....I can't find it...
It always amazes me what I can Find at the local Autozone, NAPA, Pep Boys, and O'Reilly's stores.

Last week it was the little aluminum clips that hold the headlights in place for my wife's 1993 Grand Marquis!
Autozone had them ...in stock....in the Store!

TODAY....IT WAS THE MINISOCKETs FOR THE DASH INSTRUMENT CLUSTER BULBS IN MY 2003 PT!!!
I had the dash already apart so my fav dealer had a clear shot at diagnosing my instrument cluster and HVAC lights being out.

**So, while it was apart, I figured that I would tackle that one last bulb....YES! The one at the top where I could not see 60mph...of all the ones to be out!!!!
I had already upgraded the bulbs to #2723s last spring.
And that one bulb would come & go every day or so.
When I took the bulb socket out, I saw that although the bulb was fine....the black plastic bulb socket/holder had the little flanges on it worn off, or torn off.
As a result that bulb's contacts were not being held firmly against the circuit board much longer than after the first few bumps in the road.

So, I just search on-line...and up pops the plastic bulb holders and bulbs on O'Relly's web site.
I went to there store, about 2 miles from the house, and yes, he found them in the computer.
BUT..none in stock!
He said he could order them and have them tomorrow....unless I wanted to pay now, and pick up at their warehouse!
WAREHOUSE????

Yes! Their local warehouse was just another 2 miles away.
So, I paid, picked up at the warehouse....AND THERE ARE A PERFECT MATCH FOR OEM REPLACEMENT!
(Granted OKCity is probably bigger than half the cities you guys live in. We probably have a half dozen O'Reillys alone!)

Here is a Link....the socket & bulbs are Eiko PC74.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/l...ler/pt-cruiser

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 18 Nov 2019, 06:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Finding Small Auto Parts Made Easy - MINI BULB SOCKETS

Seeing this is perfect. I have had one bulb burned out in the dash of my 04 behind the fuel gauge for a while now. I thought it was going to be some proprietary bulb that is made of un-obtainium....
2004 N/A auto. Touring Edition (Died 2016 resurrected Nov 2017) bought for $100 Oct 2017 w/122k mi, died March 2019 143K mi. Added RBQ 6-disc changer w/Sirius. Replaced TB,WP, thermostat and gasket, front bearings w/one hub, ceramic pads w/new rotors, one brake caliper w/bracket, and lower control arm. More changes/repairs as the weather allows .
1999 300M 186k mi (now her daily driver)
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." Ronald Reagan
Old 19 Nov 2019, 08:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Finding Small Auto Parts Made Easy - MINI BULB SOCKETS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonior View Post
Seeing this is perfect. I have had one bulb burned out in the dash of my 04 behind the fuel gauge for a while now. I thought it was going to be some proprietary bulb that is made of un-obtainium....
Upgrade you bulbs to 2723's!
They are considerably brighter than OEM Bulbs.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!