PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Default !!!WARNING e Manual Online.com Is A Rip-off!!!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2020, 09:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Default !!!WARNING e Manual Online.com Is A Rip-off!!!

Hey everybody….Warning eManualOnline.com is a ripoff and you will NOT get what you pay for!!!

They are the masters at false advertising and they just screwed me out of some money.

Example:

The advertise a book called “Lycoming Direct Drive 4 6 8 cylinder aircraft Engine Overhaul Service Manual”

However…what you get is actually called “Overhaul Manual Direct Drive Engine” a manual that is freely available on the internet at this link:

https://www.expaircraft.com/PDF/Lycoming-OH-Manual.pdf

I pointed out their error and they told me to pound sand so I now have to waste my time disputing with my credit card company.

So I got screwed out of 20 bucks because eManualOnline.com is a **** liar and a thief
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 10:54 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Default !!!WARNING e Manual Online.com Is A Rip-off!!!

Ten years ago, monitoring my thyroid, a doc used a $400 blood test three times. $1200 plus all the other charges. Found out later their lab fee cost them $10 each. By the way, there was never anything wrong with the thyroid. I should be grateful though at least he only put me on one toxin which I promptly tossed.
rockandroller likes this.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 01:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCruiserKid View Post
So I got screwed out of 20 bucks because eManualOnline.com is a **** liar and a thief
These day it is interesting that you lost your money with all the banking institution protecting against purchases like yours that are not as claimed.

I can't even remember how many years ago its been that a claim against a purchase I made was not reimbursed to me from my credit card companies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus View Post
Ten years ago, monitoring my thyroid, a doc used a $400 blood test three times. $1200 plus all the other charges. Found out later their lab fee cost them $10 each. By the way, there was never anything wrong with the thyroid. I should be grateful though at least he only put me on one toxin which I promptly tossed.
While I understand your frustration I tend to believe the test cost may have been accurate. The only way to say for sure is to see the MEDICAL BILLING CODE NUMBERS used for the billing from the your doctor(s) or hospital to the insurance company.
It may not have been by any fault or over charging from your doctor(s) or the hospital?
rsrocket1 likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 17 Feb 2020, 02:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post

The only way to say for sure is to see the MEDICAL BILLING CODE NUMBERS used for the billing from the your doctor(s) or hospital to the insurance company.
Using the HCPCS (medicare billing codes included on the bill) the mark up was 1000% over what medicare paid. Apparently the hospital and insurance co have an agreement to gouge on the initial patient deductible. The doctors fee was reasonable.

The point is, PTCruiserKid, welcome to the American way.

Last edited by circus; 17 Feb 2020 at 02:32 pm.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 03:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus View Post
Using the HCPCS (medicare billing codes included on the bill) the mark up was 1000% over what medicare paid. Apparently the hospital and insurance co have an agreement to gouge on the initial patient deductible. The doctors fee was reasonable.

The point is, PTCruiserKid, welcome to the American way.
RVU+ Relative value unit..

Before I responded I showed my wife who is a among other things in the medical field a Medical Billing Coder,works directly with medical insurance companies, attorneys for doctors and the insurance companies and frequently the judges that sit on medical billing cases and she rolled her eyes and went to explain 15 minutes to me why what you just posted may have been what you thought happened and most likely not what really happened in the end? She also suggested I mention to you that you should submit a complaint with ALL your bills to The Office Of Inspector General!

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 17 Feb 2020 at 03:21 pm.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 03:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
She also suggested I mention to you that you should submit a complaint with ALL your bills to The Office Of Inspector General!
I realize your trying to help but... Cold day in hell.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 03:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

auh ... ok...

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 18 Feb 2020, 08:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

And it WAS 10 years ago, so I'm guessing all water under the bridge. I never have understood that depending on which insurance company you may have, the same surgery for you may cost more or less than it did for your neighbor. It can be the exact same surgery with the same doctor and bills here will vary depending on if you have Medicare or a primo policy from someone like The Hartford or whatever.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 09:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
And it WAS 10 years ago, so I'm guessing all water under the bridge. I never have understood that depending on which insurance company you may have, the same surgery for you may cost more or less than it did for your neighbor. It can be the exact same surgery with the same doctor and bills here will vary depending on if you have Medicare or a primo policy from someone like The Hartford or whatever.
Charlie it really does not work that way or that simple.........

but for simplicity sake, and that I got a 2o minute "short" version of how it works from the wife wife .....
....think of it this do I pay for the same gallon of gasoline as you do in your state? Or how about property taxes, even when you ship a package (none usps) from California to your state the cost is greater me sending to you then you that same package to me? Why is it when you look some prices up on the internet they want your zip code. We could go on like this all day.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 18 Feb 2020, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I get what you're saying, Lynn, but a little consistency is all I'm asking for. Frigging moron doctors here don't know their asses from any other orifice on their bodies. I've never seen such incompetent people in any field of work as the so-called medical profession here in FL. Laurie would have a field day here with these people, I'm sure. You can go to 5 different doctors for the same thing and all 5 will give you a different opinion. And NONE of them have a solution. Don't ask how I know this, please.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.