PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Long time, no see ...

 
Like Tree7Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2020, 06:25 pm
Sinbad's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 598
Default Long time, no see ...

... you bums How you all doing?

Still got the old lady ...



And now.........

I'm going to have a look at this tomorrow. It looks peachey, but you can see the problem - apparently it cut out while driving, and now cranks over but won't start.

Usual suspect: fuel pump - cam/ crank sensors - spark pack..? Chip in on any others I can look out for would you?

I'm a bit rusty of petrols. Wasn't there a wire could get rubbed through under the engine that would kill it stone dead?
__________________
_________________________________________
'07 2.2 CRD

Last edited by Sinbad; 07 Mar 2020 at 06:39 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2020, 06:39 pm
soonercruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 9,035
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

Welcome back Sailor!


The Old Lady looks great!
Sinbad likes this.
__________________
Frank, aka SOONERCRUISER,

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 05:00 am
Sinbad's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 598
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

Hallo Sooner Hows it hanging?
__________________
_________________________________________
'07 2.2 CRD
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 05:02 am
Sinbad's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 598
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

Found it

Knew there was a wire that could chaff through on the petrol, just couldn't remember what it was
__________________
_________________________________________
'07 2.2 CRD
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 05:23 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

check with obd2 tester for error codes, or see if you can do the key dance for error codes. My 2006 had those symtoms and it turned out to be the timing belt.

Dash.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 06:11 am
Sinbad's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 598
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashinson View Post
check with obd2 tester for error codes, or see if you can do the key dance for error codes. My 2006 had those symtoms and it turned out to be the timing belt.

Dash.
Yeah, first things first...and tell me if I've missed anything - it's been a couple of years since I spent time on a petrol...

Key dance, check the codes (I have the list)
Brake cleaner down the intake - anything?
Yes?
pump run?
fuel pressure at the schroeder valve?
Yes?
Spark?
Yes?
Check crank sensor wiring.
OK?
Unplug cam sensor - starts?
End of story, she's worth the gamble.
No start?
Cam sensor off, cam turn? (it's *borderline* needing a belt going by the Kms)
Cam turns?
.... at that point, it starts to get squirrely... is it the comp? is worth the gamble...? bearing in mind we just don't have pick n pulls over here...

The other big problem in Germany is it's not like the UK, where you can hang her on a tow rope and drag her home and sort it out at your leisure.
The TuV (bi-yearly inspection / MOT whatever) is out, and the police can see that from the number plate.
No TuV, and it shouldn't have it's wheels on the road = lots of

It means hiring a car trailer (approx 100) and a lot of farking around...

She looks very tidy and (assuming she's as nice underneath as she looks on top) worth keeping on the road - but only up to a point. I might have to walk away, but I'll know that in a few hours...
__________________
_________________________________________
'07 2.2 CRD
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 07:41 am
RickinPA's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: southeastern PA
Posts: 370
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

I knew it was a buy, but at (per Google: 100 Euro equals 112.86 United States Dollar), it's a steal. Wow! The change you'd be saving can pay for the flatbed and a lot of repairs. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 11:29 am
Sinbad's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 598
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickinPA View Post
I knew it was a buy, but at (per Google: 100 Euro equals 112.86 United States Dollar), it's a steal. Wow! The change you'd be saving can pay for the flatbed and a lot of repairs. Good luck.
Would have been - she was every bit as tidy as she looks in the pics, but.... having frigged around for an hour, I'm 99% the computer has bitten the dust.
The key dance showed no codes (not a good sign on a car that won't start ) and I couldn't even get my OBD to connect to it.
"Gar nix" as we say over here.

I'll save my money, for now. PTs are at that stage over here where an undamaged Mk1 with 200K Km and a few months TuV is anywhere from 400 to 1500 depending on who's selling, so, they'll likely be another one along soon (A small selection from within 100Km of me)

Meantime, spring is (sort of) here, new wheels ready, this and that to do... and then it's time to "van" the old lady as I've been planning to do... rear door handles off first...

Plenty to keep me busy...
__________________
_________________________________________
'07 2.2 CRD

Last edited by Sinbad; 08 Mar 2020 at 11:47 am.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 11:59 am
soonercruiser's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 9,035
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
Would have been - she was every bit as tidy as she looks in the pics, but.... having frigged around for an hour, I'm 99% the computer has bitten the dust.
The key dance showed no codes (not a good sign on a car that won't start ) and I couldn't even get my OBD to connect to it.
"Gar nix" as we say over here.

I'll save my money, for now. PTs are at that stage over here where an undamaged Mk1 with 200K Km and a few months TuV is anywhere from 400 to 1500 depending on who's selling, so, they'll likely be another one along soon (A small selection from within 100Km of me)

Meantime, spring is (sort of) here, new wheels ready, this and that to do... and then it's time to "van" the old lady as I've been planning to do... rear door handles off first...

Plenty to keep me busy...

You talking Panel van conversion?

That's what you've been missing not being here.


Mine, last year!

rockandroller and Sinbad like this.
__________________
Frank, aka SOONERCRUISER,

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08 Mar 2020, 01:33 pm
Sinbad's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 598
Default Re: Long time, no see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
You talking Panel van conversion?

That's what you've been missing not being here.


Mine, last year!

Nee, I never missed a minute of it - from the pi$$ing about you got from the original bodyshop to the end

Pukka job
soonercruiser likes this.
__________________
_________________________________________
'07 2.2 CRD
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long Time Reader, First Time Poster EdanaBrietta Welcome New PT Cruiser Members 12 09 Mar 2015 01:42 am
Older member, long time lurker but first time poster today! zanerwaner Welcome New PT Cruiser Members 18 20 Oct 2014 07:37 pm
Long Time Owner, time for some wheels...Recommendations? chevychad Wheels, Tires, Suspension 12 14 Apr 2014 02:49 pm
Long time fan, first time owner skydog757 Welcome New PT Cruiser Members 10 19 Mar 2014 02:33 am
Long time no see RNCRUZR General PT Cruiser Discussions 2 05 Feb 2011 11:47 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors