Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By 917K
  • 2 Post By chuzz
  • 2 Post By Sinbad
  • 3 Post By 917K

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Hello old friends and PT update!

G'day!

Most might not remember me but I still have the old Cruiser, I'm currently painting the front bumper! Age hasn't been too kind, clearcoat began to peel off the front bumper and the back bumper seems to be getting bleached. The side spears are oddly going a washed out yellow colour.

So although I'm not the best painter there is, I sanded it good and dropped a few coats of 1k filler primer to help smooth it out. Hopefully it turns out okay! Next is color and clear.

I have a lot of chrome bits and bobs that I never installed, and a lot of other aesthetic ideas. I once had a forum thread where I was going to chronicle my PT adventures. If I'm not too embarrassed by my past writings, I may dig it up!

How is everyone going? I remember a few names and am glad to see them still posting!

From your Aussie PT pal, 917K!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 10:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hello old friends and PT update!

Welcome back, man. It's always good to hear from folks who seem to have disappeared. Have you been effected by any of the wild fires?
Handy_Cruiser and 917K like this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 01:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Old Cruisers never die, they just smell like it ;-)
Handy_Cruiser and 917K like this.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 11:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks Chuzz, things are good! Thankfully the weather got too cold and wet for the fires and everything is under control. It was devastating for so many people though. I hope everyone here is safe with the things going on right now.

Old Cruisers never die mate! I just happen to be getting that front bumper back on today. My spray can paint job turned out pretty decently, considering I don't have much experience with cans. I spent a lot of time smoothing peeling clearcoat on the front right and sanding the bottom due to years of gutter rash I got it really smooth without having to remove too much material and then laid down three layers of filler primer, let it dry for a day, sanded that smooth and then did my colour and clear, blending it into the good part.

I thought if I left the clearcoat peeling for too long I'd have a disaster. Hopefully the bumper gets a few solid years no dramas. Eventually I'll either try and do the whole bumper or get it professionally sprayed.

While I was at it, I removed and touched up some rust spots under the grille and bumper areas, installed flywire on the inside of the grille to stop bugs getting in the radiator, gave the radiator a bit of a vacuum and fitted an aluminum mesh to the lower grille replacing the stock 2nd gen grille.

I've just finished polishing the fog lights up and now it is time to fit the bumper and grille! I will take some photos

Stay safe everyone during these hard times, let's keep on cruising
Old 27 Mar 2020, 09:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome back from Okieland!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!